jverley

Rob Hollrah -- Blue Skies

Rob Hollrah passed away on Sunday, March 8th. He posted occasionally on here as Bodipilot.

I have known Rob for 16 years, and he was a true friend. He is survived by his daughter, Alex, his sister Michelle, his mother Lou, and his girlfirend Leah.

A memorial celebration and ash dive will be held on April 18th at Skydive Arizona. Contact me for details.

Fly free, my friend. You are missed.
John
Arizona Hiking Trails

BSBD Rob! May you rest in peace brother and I know that your skies will forever be BLUE up there dude! My thoughts and prayers go out to you John his friend and esp to you Mom, Michelle, Alex and Leah and to all that are grieving over Robs passing... Find some peace and comfort out of all this.

We shall meet one day man!

:( dd

Rob,

My friend on the Earth, in the sky and my brother from another mother. I will always remember the times we have shared, from the craziest of the crazy on the ground to the best of the best in the air.

I have so many memories starting from the first time I met Steve's new roommate. That dude was crazy.

The trip and near move to San Diego. Camping trips. Air Shows. Wild parties. Bad mistakes. Terrible hangovers. Our first trip to Skydive AZ in Coolidge and looking back at you as I climbed out on that strut for the first time. Watching you make that near perfect stand-up landing on jump #1. Returning a week later to make jumps 2,3 and 4. Planning our 1st BASE jump in a chemical stupor (sure let's jump Angel Falls on 6-6-6).

Progressing through to 2-ways, 3-ways, 4-ways. You letting me fly close enough to rub end cells even though you hated the thought of me doing that crazy CRW shit.

Partying in the DC-3 afterhours and taking midnight beacon rides. Making the first loads and sunset loads and every load we could in between. Then throwing the last log on the fire as the sun came up over Eloy. The smile on your face on your midnight New Year's Eve night jump.

Thank you for always taking me under your wing after my ridiculous layoffs. Thank you for the 20 point 2 ways for re currency dives. Thank you for getting the CRW guy on big ways (well big for the CRW guy anyway), my Falcon, Eagle, and the wind-tunnel flights. The list goes on and on. I just can't believe our time spent together has come to a sudden end.

I will miss you, brother, till the end of my days. I will always think of you as I look to the sky and watch the birds soar on the wind.

Blue Skies, I love you brother,

Rick
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

Blue Skies Rob. One hell of a skydiver.

The first time Rob and I met was on a flail load in 98. After opening I thought it would be a good idea to buzz whoever was closest under canopy. I looked below, and saw an unfamiliar canopy. It was Rob. So I spiraled down at him, and buzzed him very close, way closer that I'd intended. Rob wasn't really happy when we landed, but he was cool about it. We went on to become friends and joked about the incident just a year or two ago. And I stopped buzzing strangers under canopy.

One conversation we'd had in the last year, I mentioned that I was expecting to be a father, and he said "That's the greatest joy in life, being a father." I believe those were his exact words.

Blue skies Rob, you will be missed.

http://www.SkydiveVids.com

Anger, frustration, lonliness, questions, and most of all a longing to say goodbye.

My dear friend you were a part of my life’s journey more than you know. From the first meeting in 1987, docking with you in the skies, and the chemical experiences that consumed us in between. We grew with each other, fought with each other, and spent countless hours just having a real good fucking time! I miss you Rob! We all miss you! Anybody that knew Rob knows that he was no Pussy. This guy would go to the end for you and more. I know cause you did it for me buddy! This little punk will always remember you… Blue skies my friend and save me a place!

Thanks to everyone who came out to make yesterday's memorial ash dive so special for Rob's Family. It is a day I will not forget. Here are a couple of pics...

Also check out Heather and John's Pics at
http://picasaweb.google.com/heatherverley/RobHollrahMemorialSkydive?feat=directlink
CWR #23

Two years ago today I lost one of my best friends. I still think about him every jump.

Back in the sport going full throttle. Thanks for all the good times everyone, especially the big ones with Verley.

Blues!

Fly free Rob!
CWR #23