timber

Glyn Johnson

Just received word that Glyn Johnson his girlfriend and son were lost in a plane crash near Slidell, Louisiana last night. Glyn was a tandem master and rigger who loved skydiving. He was a truly unique individual! He was one of the crazy fun loving people that this sport seems to attract. He seemed to have a gift to annoy some with his constant jokes and terrible singing on the way to altitude . You couldn't help but to like him as his heart was in the right place!

Glyn had a favorite past time of fighting the FAA and airport manager over airport access issues for skydiving. Without a law degree he gave the opposing attorneys a run for their money and won the case.

Glyn recently found out that he had a young son and fully enjoyed his new role as a father. Glyn now had a "mini-me" and they have become inseparable.

I will miss ya man! Blue Skies,

Timber

What horrible news! I haven't seen Glyn for a few years, but I'm sorely going to miss that goofy smile and hearing for the thousand's time all about his battle with the FAA. I remember one of my first jumps at Emerald Coast. I was about to track away when all the sudden this meat missle just flew at me out of nowhere, grabbed my face and kissed me. I was almost mad until I saw this huge smile on his face! That's the Glyn I'm going to miss! :(
Blue skies my friend!

Tater had an infectious laugh and silly wit. He was as thorough a jumper as he was goofy. And he was always willing to help out a friend. I'll miss his silliness, and the world is slightly less fun that he's gone.

Blue skies, black death,
Slim
:(

As bad as his singing and jokes were, I still learned a great deal about skydiving and being a tandem instructor from Glyn. I will miss him![:/]

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I will miss Glyn, he was a new close friend. I jumped with him several weekends, I also learned a few cool packing procedures from him. Proud to say I was the last jumper out of the "Fandango", will miss the plane too.

He was on his way to Marksville for a weekend of skydiving with us. He was to stay at my house as he always when he comes here. I was waiting for him at the airport, scheduled to arrive around 12:15am.

many jumps and good times at bars here and there with glynn.. he was a character, you definitely knew when glynn was in the room for sure...

he called me when he bought that yellow 182 and brought me and rob p. up for his first load in it as soon as it cleared slidell aviation. we made a sunset load and afterwards we did dinner and drinks to the wee hours of the morning....good times

last time I saw him I was packing after a jump at gold coast... he walks up grabs my ass and presses me down onto the floor and proceeds to tell me some sick joke.... as soon as i heard his big laugh I knew who it was LMAO!!!

well this sucks...

eternal blue skies my friend....gonna miss seeing you around now and then big guy....

:(

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

Glen was a wonderful and funny guy that I will miss tremendously. He always brightened my day, no matter how bad the joke was!

He was very supportive of JumpForTheCause and my participation in JFTC. His open offer "to help anyway he could" was just a prime example of who he was behind the jokes.

Nick and I will miss you very much. Tell Pawpaw "HI" for us.

Miss u
Jenn

Bad jokes, bad breath, bad singing voice but a realy good heart and a big smile.

"At the Copa, Copa Cocabana.......":D

We'll all miss you. BSBD.[:/]

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

heres a link to Serenity Memorial Gardens where the services will be held they have a link where u can send flowers thought some might like to do that.http://www.funeralhomesguide.com/Alabama/Theodore/SerenityMemorialGardens.html

Clickified.

I have jumped at Gold Coast several times in the late 90's up til the mid 2000's and can't remember Glyn. Condolences to all who knew him. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Today is Tater's birthday!:)

ECSC just wont be the same when I come home and jump there again :(

I'll never forget the time when he told me he didnt have lights on his Cessna and he asked me to drive him back to Gaucier, MS...I did because it wasnt too much further than Mobile...he had EVERY issue of Parachutist Magazine thats ever been published all stacked in his living room...we had lots of laughs..my parents remember Glyn too and how he put their mind at ease about me being in the sport...*sigh* this sucks....:(

I just found this out over a year later....

Glyn was my first skydive instructor back when I worked for the highway patrol. We got to be pretty good friends. I had to get him out of speeding tickets all the time... a few other 'recreational' charges I could never help him with. lol

I remember so much about him. I remember him jumping with a propeller hat and bubba teeth bare footed when he was supposed to be spotting for our load... lol I remember how I didn't recognize him in a suit when I showed up to watch him fight the airport managers in court serving as his own attorney... making everyone in the court laugh at his qwerky insults made under his breath in between sentences...

I'm reading the comments he put in my jump log right now....

"YOU'RE GOING TO DIE. NOT TODAY, YOU HAVE TWO GREAT CHUTES. BUT EVENTUALLY. STOP FREAKING OUT"

"FASTEST HOP AND POP EVER. THANKS FOR NOT OPENING AND TAKING THE PLANE'S TAIL OFF. GEEZE"

"STOP TRYING TO SWIM. YOU'RE FLYING. BUT GREAT JOB MAN. EVENTUALLY"

"THANKS FOR NOT THROWING UP IN THE PLANE. IN FREEFALL WAS MUCH BETTER. GREAT JOB BUDDY."

I miss you buddy. So much.... I'm forever walking the earth with my eyes skyward because of you. You made everything so much fun.

Blue skies my friend.