D22369

So long Dad

You married my mom and took on two kids not of your own and treated us like we were yours, the name dad for some reason never fit, a failure in us not you, you were so superior to the distant biological father that we had that that the name should have worked...

you came to all my baseball games, motocross, dragraces, and often to watch me skydive when I worked at skydive yakima, you made one static line jump so you knew the exilaration that came with falling from an airplane, you taught me to stand up and hold my head high after losing a fight, taught me to fight dirty, how to set the points on an auto, change tires and oil, you supported my joining the Marines when the rest of the family hated the idea, how to be a great father plus a million other things that wont come to mind at this moment.

I know the cancer hurt and you needed to go but damn I wished you had stayed. I miss you more than words can express.

I miss our arguments, we always argued, hell would have froze over if we ever agreed.

not a goodbye, just a so long for now.

Love, your son
Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Roy,

I am very sorry for your loss, but am glad that your Dad no longer suffers!

What a beautiful tribute you gave him.... I'm sure he's smiling down and proud as ever of you!!!!

The physical struggle has ended, the heart and soul must now mend.

Peace to you and your family!

Hugs to you and Conner!

luv,
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Roy,

What an incredible tribute to your father and proof that being a dad is not just biology.

I cannot imagine your pain as I have not experienced it.

Reading all the things your dad did with and for you makes me confident that his strength is in you. He sounds like an incredible man and someone you are blessed to look up to.

I cannot take your pain from you but I will most definitely pray for you and all his loved ones.

Hang in there bro and keep his memory alive.

My condolences,
Chris

Roy,
I am so sorry for your loss but relieved that your dad is at peace. Hugs to you and your family. You honor him every day with the way that you live your life.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

many thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts, I just got back from the funeral. It was a nice ceremony with many stories of his life - many that I have never heard of before that made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

I lost my dad AND my mom to smoking related diseases. My dad died of lung cancer at the age of 80. Mom wasn't lucky enough to live past 56. Emphysema took her from us. I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard, I know. I miss both my parents so much! I always will. And you will always miss your dad. Your tribute is beautiful! I'm sure he is looking down, and is so proud of you.:) May Peace be with you, my friend.

"Wanna cookie little boy?"