Tailgate

Tom Riffe

In case anyone remembers us.......The Riffe brothers

Tom and I jumped at Chester for a while. We weren't hard core, but it was a blast. The best times of his life.

Tom, my brother, passed away last Thursday. Way too soon.

I know he would wish everyone blue skies.

I sat down the other night to write some stuff, as I guess therapy,

I havent finished the page with pictures yet but here's a link

http://riffeonline.com/tom

He was my rock, my therapist, my best friend.

Man, Im gonna miss him.

The last thing he said to me in an email was "Blue Skies"

In case anyone remembers us.......The Riffe brothers

Tom and I jumped at Chester for a while. We weren't hard core, but it was a blast. The best times of his life.

Tom, my brother, passed away last Thursday. Way too soon.

I know he would wish everyone blue skies.

I sat down the other night to write some stuff, as I guess therapy,

I havent finished the page with pictures yet but here's a link

http://riffeonline.com/tom

He was my rock, my therapist, my best friend.

Man, Im gonna miss him.

The last thing he said to me in an email was "Blue Skies"

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

It'a the only thing I could think to do. In a letter to his children (grown), in regards to the disposition of his ashes he said "Paul Will know what to do" .... so I guess I need to get back in the air so I can do what he wanted. .................It's been a while. Let's say I'm aprehensive about jumping again. But it's what he wanted so I gotta do it.

Has his children ever jumped? Could one of them be open to doing a tandem and releasing the ashes that way? Just offering a suggestion if you are apprehensive about jumping yourself... Condolences for your loss.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thank you for your thoughts.

Dont think I could get them in the Air (he never could) . It will be ok, I will do it for Tom. They will be there for support. I'm thinking one of the last loads of the day.

Let him ride off into the sunset

They will be there for support. I'm thinking one of the last loads of the day.

Let him ride off into the sunset

That's why he trusted you to know what to do. It sounds perfect. I'm sorry for your loss.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

'Nothing that is loved is ever lost ... No one who has touched a life, who has brought beauty to the world, is ever truly gone."

That's so nice, .....Thank you

Idea:

Get an ash bag made. Get current again and take him on all your jumps with you until you're ready to do a formal ash dive.

If you feel like stopping before then, just turn downwind under canopy and let him loose behind you. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Would it be bad luck to jump his gear. Size isnt a problem. I weigh right at 200 and his chute is somewhere around a 290. I guess it would be floaty

Would it be bad luck to jump his gear. Size isnt a problem. I weigh right at 200 and his chute is somewhere around a 290. I guess it would be floaty

Well, if he died skydiving with that rig, I probably wouldn't want to use it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It has nothing to do with luck or juju. Use the rig that you will have the least amount of attention on. If you need to get recent first then by all means use it to do so. When you're comfortable for an ash dive it'll be all the more meaningful. If you are focusing any attention on the rig during a jump it is a distraction you don't need.

fair winds,
jon

Ok, I'm disapointed.

Over the last couple of weeks I have sent email, left voicemail and yesterday left 2 messages at Chester regarding getting current and doing the ash dive with no response.

I'm gonna try Raeford. While I jumped there a couple of times, Tom didn't jump there but perhaps I can accomplish his last wish there.

Ok, I'm disapointed.

Over the last couple of weeks I have sent email, left voicemail and yesterday left 2 messages at Chester regarding getting current and doing the ash dive with no response.

I believe Chester is just for military jumping now. Probably best to give Raeford a call. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Paul. If you still are interested in jumping at Skydive Carolina, contact James La Barrie:

He post as Antigua here on dz.com
You can also email him at [email protected]

PM me if you need further assistance. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.