Naomi

The Loveliest Most Wonderful Brooke Baum

I love you mosterest times infinity plus all of the cheese (and alien cheese) in the universe. My bestest friend you ARE my heart. Always. Forever.

Peace, Love & Blue Skies,

Naomi Wagner

P.S. Love to Jake
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.

I am speechless.

Brooke was amazing. This one hits home, hard. Unfathomable.

My heart, thoughts and condolences to everyone. Naomi, Laura, Katie...

Brooke helped me walk again. Without her, I don't know if I'd be back in the good health that I am. She, and Katie, tied balloons to the rod she got out of my leg, and left it on my lap for when I woke up. I smiled and cried. I've never been able to fully convey my gratitude, especially not now.

She had a huge passion for her friends, for helping people, and for skydiving...

Blue Skies Brooke, we will miss you. Tremendously.

Love
Karen
http://www.exitshot.com

Im speechless. Im up here in Wa state until the new year when I was supposed to see Brooke for my post surgery appt. A month ago, she spent about an hour laying on my lap (I was unconscious at the time) while some big dude pounded the tibia rod out of my leg. When I woke up, she was there. She said, "Im sorry". I asked, "for what". with a smile she said, give a day or two..you'll see. Few days later.. cool colors of purple, black and a few I didnt know existed.
Dammit, this sucks! My heart goes out to everyone who knew her, especially Brooke's "girls".

I wish I could be there to say .... well, you know.

(silent thoughts)
Blue skies and Brooke will forever be in my heart.

Curt Frye
http://www.curtisglennphotography.com

Brooke was always a happy smile, any time I saw her at and off the DZ.
She was the surgical nurse during my surgery, both on my ankle and my knee, and was helping me on every visit I had to the doctor during my recovery. Motivating and helpfull in any way.

Everyone who knew her understands what a happy person Brooke was, and how she could make anyone smile. Those who never got to meet her, have missed out on a very special person.

I am happy I got to give her a hug, wish a merry Christmas and thank her for the Christmas card she sent our house. All right before getting on the same last load as her.

My thoughts go out to Brooke's family, co-workers, and her friends and bestest friends.

It's all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I also did not know Brooke personally, however I am close to some who are deeply affected by this tragedy. My sympathy and prayers for comfort go out to Brooke's loved ones, and all who were positively touched by Brooke. It saddens me that we have lost yet another "family" member. Peace and love to you all. Tanya
"Wanna cookie little boy?"

Brooke was always a happy smile, any time I saw her ...

I couldn't agree more! Although I only had a chance to jump/tunnel with her a few times she had a way of both being a competitor and keeping things fun and light and she was awesome to be around.

She'd greet you with a big smile, hug, and (hard) smack on the butt regardless how much you were rushing by to get on the now call.

My deepest heart felt condolences go out to her family and friends.
-Patrick

Christine Freiherr & my experience on the Fury 8 project was made so much richer by meeting wonderful people like Brooke. She was a bright, shiny smile from the moment we stepped on to the dz and we looked forward to seeing her at every camp. I'm very sorry to hear that Perris has lost one of it's best ambassadors.

Laura Song

I just found out tonight while out of town for the holidays. You will always be remembered, always, always, always...I just don't understand :( May you always have blue skies in Heaven where points are effortless and freefall time lasts forever. You will be missed.

Naomi, I am so sorry :( Any words that I could ever say will never soothe you, I know, but you are in my thoughts.

Marianne

Hi Friends,

In an effort to share the light that is Brooke, we're creating a memorial page for the inside cover of the March Parachutist. We're gathering photos and thoughts, so that we can create a beautiful tribute to our wonderful friend. If you have thoughts you'd like to share about the page, please send them our way.

We are also collecting donations, as we'll need to raise nearly $2000 for the page to be published. We've created a PayPal account to receive donations, and any funds that are above and beyond what we need for the memorial page will be routed into her personal Relay For Life fund. The Relay is a charity that she put a lot of effort into and I know she would be proud to know that she continues to have an impact on such a special cause.

To donate, go to: https://www.paypal.com

Click on: "Send Money"

In the "To" space, enter: [email protected]

You'll need a PayPal account to donate, but if you don't have one, it's very simple to set up and you'll be prompted to do so. (You'll only have to enter minimal information.)

If you would rather not use a credit card, you can send a check made out to Lara Michalek at the following address:

Software Training Center
Attn: Lara Michalek
17100 Pioneer Blvd. #220
Artesia, CA 90701

We are on a short timeline, so please help us get the word out about this quickly, as we need to have the donations gathered by Wednesday, January 21st.

Thanks so much for all of the love and support!

Naomi, Katie & Lara

I can't claim her as a close friend the way many here can, but from my perspective she was great. I met her a couple years ago in the parking lot(at Perris naturally) as I was scrambling to figure out how to get my car started with daylight almost gone. She was more than willing to help(though she didn't know if she had jumper cables!) and had a wonderful sense of humor about the whole thing.

After that we'd share a smile and hello when we crossed paths at the DZ or tunnel. It really is the little things in life that make differences. I will miss her and the presence she brought with her.
Someday Never Comes

Katie Naomi
WOW some not so cool news when I heard it from Lew this weekend when I was talking to her for the first time i a while, my heart goes out to you gurls and of course Brookes family as well, I still remember sitting on the couch at Lews place shooting the shit about medical crap with Brooke and discussing how many skydivers we have both looked after. Brooke was a sweetheart my deepest thoughts to you Brooke xx

Dan Whitman
Ottawa Ontario Canada
REMEMBER! If your not living on the edge..... your taking up too much space!

Since we're bringing back the thread in the incidents forum...

Brooke is still very much in our hearts and minds. Her bright shining light will always be felt in the souls of those who knew and loved her. She touched the lives of everyone she met in ways that cannot be put into words.

B - we celebrate you every chance we get and remember you every day. You are still my bestest mosterest. <3