rickerby

David John Rickerby

Dear Family and Friends,

It brings me great sorrow to let you all know that my beloved David has passed away.

Although this news may be distressing, I want you to know that he died peacefully in a Jamaican paradise, just as he would have wanted. His death happened suddenly on the 30th of October, around 3:00AM, due to a twisted bowel.

No one was aware, including himself, that he was predisposed to this. He had complained only the night before of lower abdominal pain, which he attributed to "bad water." Nevertheless, he refused to listen to my plea (and that of others) for him to go to the hospital. I guess he thought he would be able to fight it, just as he fought so many other conditions before. He was a survivor, and he believed that he was.

As most of you may know, David did not want a funeral or a wake. I've arranged instead a memorial party for family and friends, which will be held on Saturday, 22 November at the home of his lifelong friend and brother, Peter Coker, in London, England. Everyone is invited to attend.

I realize that not everyone will be able to travel to this event so I'm also arranging a memorial bash to be held at Skydive Deland sometime after the new year. I will send more information when details are firm.

Memorial Party in England for David John Rickerby

Saturday, November 22, 2008

starting at 3:00 PM

54 Lowther Hill

Forest Hill

London, Essex

SE23 1PY

Telephone of Peter Coker: 0208 690 6522

Telephone of Jennifer Rickerby: (770) 498 8196 -USA

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there.

All my love,

Jennifer Rickerby

Change of RICKERBY Memorial in ENGLAND!

Dear all,

Due to an unforeseen circumstance, I regret to inform you that there is going to be a change in date for David's memorial party in England. I'm presently considering the event to take place on Saturday the 6th of December, however, I have not yet been able to make this firm. Please keep an eye on this thread for further notice as to when it will happen.

The DeLand event still has not been firmed yet either, but will be taking place sometime after the new year.

Love to everyone,
Jennifer Rickerby