colin

David Rickerby

This creation speaks volumes on how he viewed life, I'm thinking.

ltdiver

Funny thing about this one, "Ode to My Liver" is that the autopsy proved his liver was healthy, as were all other organs except his lower bowel, which wasn't his fault! He was wrong! You are right about his view on life though- at least HIS life. He had cancer at age 21 and had been told he wouldn't live another 5 years- so for the next 30 years he lived as though any day would be his last!

I was in San Marcos TX. over the Halloween weekend and saw a little packer chick running around with a pink javelin container with a painted reserve flap,,She didnt know about david we talked about the rig and the artist!!

You wake up in a trailer, not quite remebering how you got there and the first thing ya see,, A Rickerby Painting,,, ahh I must be in the right place!!!!!!!!

BLUE SKIES BLACK CROCHLESS JUSTIN MB66
WAKE UP TANDEMGUY !THERES A DUI CHECKPOINT UP AHEAD

So sad to hear, David and I spent many days and nights exploring different realms, with other friends now past back in the Sandwich era. I know he is with them now, and far more of them there than here now, so I know he is having a good time. BSBD old buddy, wish we could have got together one last time like we spoke of in some PM's but life did not take us there.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Thanks for posting this picture, Sal, and thanks even more for the condolences. We both had a great time with you that Christmas while painting the mural at La Juilliana. We're all going to miss him, but I think we should feel lucky to have been there to witness him spreading his "Rickerby Magic". What a beautiful gift he gave us all! Take care -Jennifer Rickerby

Here are some photos I took of a jump with David last year.

David had not jumped for a while, so the plan was pretty tame - just enjoy the view basically, blow the cob webs away so to speak

The pictures don't tell this story, but right at break off, in fact probably below, just I was thinking to wave at him, or point at my alti or something, David threw in a completely unexpected back loop, then another..... then grinned like a mad man!

WOAH!!! was my first thought.... lol, but then I just tracked away chuckling as he dumped out.

What a legend.

Jen, if you pm me your email I would be honoured to send the photos across.

BS

Dear Jennifer,
So much more sorry now, that I did not come see ya'll in England this past August. I just got the sad news today.... Grrrrrrrrrrr
I met David in '83, when he and John LeBlanc showed up at Westwind DZ, near Atlanta. He convinced me to try a prototype PD150, not on the market yet. Damn near broke my arms in a stalled landing. He laughed his ass off! "Oh..I forgot to tell you about the flair point..." He ended up becoming one of my most cherished skydiving friends..... So many good trips....the '87 skull & crossbones, (his EET 'number'), birthday dive..... posing for his 'self portrait.... and staying with you two in Deland..... 'dosage testing' parties... The Bus.... I could on & on.... I'm misting now...Grrrrrr
Email me, if I can be of any help to you...
Blue Skies, Red Eyes... my friend of the past, my friend in the future.... Damn...the perfect storm continues....
Practice random acts of kindness, and senseless beauty...

And, give money for Mr Douglas! www.mrdouglas.org

Damn. I haven't been on here in a short while, but when I got to page 4 of this month's SKYDIVING & read the news, well, I was shocked & extremely saddened.

I started jumping in late May 1984. Dave & Dawn spent 3 or 4 months (June to late Sept) living/working on the DZ in Lakewood, NJ. That's where I was fortunate enough to first met him/them. I ran into Dave many times over the next 10 years. I'm not sure if he REALLY knew who I was or not, but he was always friendly, fun, & generous. Hell the last time I was on a DZ, last summer, I was wearing a Rickerby T-shirt!

BSBD my friend. You may be missed, but you will live on in the hearts of your friends!
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

The packer is Syrara and she is an artist herself. All of the Ads for the Halloween Boogie and the T-shirts she has done. FireflyTex had the rig before Syrara.. Dave

I was in San Marcos TX. over the Halloween weekend and saw a little packer chick running around with a pink javelin container with a painted reserve flap,,She didnt know about david we talked about the rig and the artist!!

You wake up in a trailer, not quite remebering how you got there and the first thing ya see,, A Rickerby Painting,,, ahh I must be in the right place!!!!!!!!

BLUE SKIES BLACK CROCHLESS JUSTIN MB66

BSBD, Dave. Good memories sitting around picking guitars. My favorite Rickerby murals are the bulkhead on Southern Cross and the wall at Head's Bar in Zhills. ,Tony P.

The huge mural at Head's is still there! The bar is now called The Hawg Pound and it's twice as large. When they enlarged the bar they had to cut out some of the lower portions of the mural, but rest is intact. There is also an 8x10 photo of the original mural hanging on the wall in the bar.

Chuck