Faicon9493

William Doherty

I was saddened to read about Bill's passing. He was a good guy and I remember him well from my years of jumping at Sky Knights SPC. It wasn't too long ago that I ran into him by coincidence when he took a trip to Skydive Sebastian. It was great jumping with a familiar face from "back in the day". My condolences go out to his friends and family.

Mike,
I too was deeply saddened to hear of Bill's passing. He was a good person that I remember well from the days back at Sky Knight's. He provided a lot of encouragement to us in our young team days. I know there wil be a lot of sadness with many of our old friends when they get news of this want them all to know I will be thinking of them.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Hi Mike & Rainbo -

I was saddened too when I heard about Bill. He was a great guy. Remember his "90 right" corrections to the pilot? He'd be making corrections while we were climbing out on the step.

You're right, he really encouraged us when it came to the team stuff and going to Nationals.

Take care.
Jeanne

Bill, you were always there for me when I needed you. I could always count on you for advice on anything from skydiving, to school, to life in general. You were truly a mentor to me at AtmosphAir, and I will never forget your words of wisdom (and your humorous words as well). I know that I am a better skydiver because of you. Thank you for touching all of our lives in one way or another. Your soul is unforgettable and will be missed immensely.

It is hard to accept that I will never see you again in this life; however, I look forward to flying with you again in the next.

Luke

Messages removed from Incidents forum:

kawisixer01:

WOW. I nearly fell outa my chair when I heard the news. Bill was a great guy and he will be missed around the DZ. He was a tandem instructor and video guy at Atmosphair in Ft Atkinson when I began my aff. Bill has always had great insightful advice for me as a student and was always willing to help anyone out. As stated above he was a heads up guy. Never the type to hot dog and was always a pretty safety conscious jumper from what I have observed. Although I would not want to guess, something medical in freefall sounds more likely based on my observation of him. I remember hearing when I first started this sport that you will lose someone to the sport if you've been in it long enough, but man I can't believe it happened this soon. My condolences to his friends and family. Man I sure am gonna miss that guy...

ccsayre

I just got a call from another T/M who told me about Bill. I've known Bill for 6 years, and he truely was a great guy, never known to take chances. I haven't jumped with him since last year on account of a serious injuries I sustained in a car accident, and of course, Bill was at the hospital within a week of my admitance trying to cheer me up. This is very sad news. My heart goes out to his daughter, exwife and all the folks at AtmosphAir. I'll be at Middleton on Saturday for the memorial guys.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Doherty
Lifetime Member of Seven Hills Skydivers,

Thank you for playing a huge role in my entire skydiving career. For selling me my first rig, main, and reserve. My Sweethog is in my locker.

Your Old Style farts in the plane taught me to not get on the early load...ever!

I miss your smiling face and curly locks. As do all that knew you at Seven Hills. You are a huge reason Seven Hills is even there to be my home DZ. I miss your stories and picking me up and spinning me around...

I miss you Doherty, and was sad when you weren't at the last club party, because you were always the life of it.

Said I'd get my PRO this year, guess I've gotta now, since I spose you won't be helping us on the tight ones anymore...

I went up with Razz, Hairy Bob, and Brent and did CRW for you and we gave you the proper Bill, Bill, Fuck, Bill and drank our beers while planed up, in the dark. Supposed to be sunset, but I like to call it night CRW when I'm looking for a strobe to get base pin. You would've been proud. Did it dog style with the Old Style over Seven Hills.

I love and will always miss you.
I'm glad you are up on the walls of the clubhouse to smile at. I'll have to bring more out from my photo albums.

I'm still in shock, what a shitty season.
Blue Skies Forever my Dear, Dear Friend,
Love,
April & the rest of us mourning at Seven Hills, and all who were lucky to know you.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

So sad to hear of Bills passing.
He always had a humorous remark and a smile for anyone.
He was one of the good ones and will be missed.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)