wdy_bnckr

Bobby Frierson

Ol' Bobby was sure a case of work. I have some really fond memories of him, his DZ, his aircraft and his home. One of the first times I met him I was with a group from another DZ just south of his. One of the jumpers took a Quaalude prior to getting ready to jump. We hoped and prayed she'd be unable to get anywheres near Bobby but lo and behold she muddled her way up to him and asked him to help her with her velcro. I saw it happen and can remember the look of pure astonishment on his face that somebody that fucked up could be so bold. I got real scarce and let her splain how she would be fine in the air. She was kissing his butt telling him what a sky god he was. Bobby had this look on his face like he was having trouble keeping his hands from wringing her by the neck. No way did she jump but she did pass her D license test that night over at Bobby's house. That wasn't quite "back in the day" but it weren't too far from it.

Blue Skies Bobby!!!

jon

Definately one of the good guys!

Example,

Once when 'for some reason' he was not purchasing fuel at the FBO in Barnwell and he was fueling up at his farm,,,

If you happened to be on a fuel load ya got an extra jump at the farm if you could pack by the time he was done fueling. (he made sure everyone had time to pack too)

Blue ones Bobby.

PULL
jumpin_Jan
"Dangerous toys are fun but ya could get hurt" -- Vash The Stampede

Full loads takin' off in "the ol twin bo" at the farm. We would hit that low spot in the runway and it would fell like we we going airborn and then that up sloop would catch up with the wheels...wooo-hoooo!

Life was good at the farm, Bobby, Joan, Vance and Elizabeth...they kept it fun and safe.

Well I have not been in touch with my skydiving brothers as much as I should have been so this is the first time I have seen Bobby has left us. I am one of the many who got their wings from bobby at barnwell.
Thanks for the life changing experience Bobby.
And yes the answering machine msg was so funny the first time you heard it.

Bobby left us 2 years ago but his spirit still lives with us. Blue Skies, "Bubba"
Bobby Frierson D 911

I got to know Bobby in 1986 while stationed at Ft Gordon. He was the real deal and one helluva guy. And oh, the parties!;)

Chuck

"That's a step ant...piss on it". B. Frierson