mnealtx

Shannon Neal 6/6/90 - 8/26/08

Before you go to sleep tonight, please say a prayer for my little girl. Nina and I are in San Antonio, preparing for the funeral.

Shannon (Shaye) Leigh Neal
(June 6, 1990 - August 26, 2008)

Shannon “Shaye” Leigh Neal, age 18 (born June 6, 1990 in Des Moines, Iowa) of La Vernia passed away August 26, 2008. She was preceded in death by her uncle, Tom Stubblefield and grandfather, Robert Livesay. She is survived by her parents, Michael & Bobbi (Livesay) Neal; sister, Nici Norment; niece, Ginger Norment; stepparents, Jack Crain & Nina Tharp of Georgia; grandmother, Naomi Livesay; aunts, Kathy Ott and Linda Frautschi; uncle, Joe Stubblefield and numerous cousins. Shannon was a student at La Vernia High School and a member of the Mesquite Trail Riders and Tri County Trail Riders.

Visitation Tuesday September 2, 2008 10:00 a.m.

Funeral Service Tuesday September 2, 2008 12(noon)

Interment Tuesday September 2, 2008 2:00 p.m. Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery San Antonio, Texas

Brother Bill Brewer officiating. Donations may be made to the Shaye Neal Memorial Fund, C/O Finch Funeral Chapel, P.O. Box 838, La Vernia, TX 78121.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

She was taking some friends home from school and rolled her truck. She and another person were ejected from the vehicle. Shannon died at the scene. The young man was injured but is stable.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

There are no words...

[:/]

Only my best wishes and prayers to your family.

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Thanks, Keith. I wake up thinking that it was some horrible nightmare, and then reality hits me again. For anyone that has kids, I pray that this is something NONE of you ever have to go through.

The funeral home in La Vernia has a memorial fund in Shannon's name.

Prayers for the other passengers would help as well, they all feel like they should have been able to do something more to help Shannon.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

As Mike said, we are in San Antonio. Normally, the only time I'm here is when he comes home and comes to this city to visit his daughters. And it just doesn't seem to sink in to my thick skull that Shannon is gone. I wake up thinking of things we could all do together. Then in a couple of seconds, I remember the truth. :( The ugly truth. And tears come again.

Sadder still is the fact that Shannon's wishes were to be an organ donor. They took her to the hospital to harvest the organs, but discovered that she had lived in Germany during the 90's and they wouldn't accept the organs for donation. I suppose they feared that she might have "mad cow disease."

I try to be here to comfort Mike, but as most of you have said, there are just no words strong enough and no actions soothing enough to take the pain away.

While you pray for Mike and his family, please remember to pray for the young adults that were in the car accident with her. There was a total of four other people, one of which was seriously injured but seems to be making a good recovery. Each of those people are in a living nightmare, as they basically saw their friend pass away right in front of their eyes, with nothing they could do to help her. They will have to live with that memory for the rest of their lives. Some of them will quite possibly need counseling.

The family has set up a memorial fund. Whatever funds are above/beyond the funeral costs will be used to set up a scholarship fund in her memory.

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Mike, I'm so sorry from the bottom of my heart. I've got two daughters of my own, the younger is just a year older than Shannon. I just thank God I haven't had to deal with losing either of them and pray I won't ever have to.

I'm praying for God to give you and your wife the peace that only He can give in times like this..

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !