Issa

Dan

One thing I really like about skydiving at small 182 dropzones is the sense of family present amongst everyone. I'm sure that it is present at turbine
dropzones too, but not the entire group like we get at home. Last year we had a group of three siblings join our family, Jeanne, Joe, and Dan. There is another brother and sister but they weren't interested in jumping. At first they were almost like tandem students who will wait a while to make their jump and then make a mad dash for the parking lot when they are done. Eventually they came to their senses and started sticking around for story time and tormenting the poor folks at the local Hacienda restaurant. Then we had them in our clutches. They ended up not getting to graduate the same year they started but had made a lot of progress. We had several get togethers over the winter, no ski trip this year, and unfortunately one event was Bruce Johnson's memorial. We had a coach class that they helped us with by "playing" students for demonstration purposes. The annual water training at the Culver Military Academy was fun. We also had a superbowl party, and a film festival, my favorite, go figure. One of the fun Dan stories was during one of our winter get togethers he ended up giving us roadside sobriety tests for fun. People were trying to walk a straight line, stand on one leg, whatever he could talk them into doing. "Nope, sorry you're not drunk enough, go get another beer.", he would say. We would reply with, "Yes officer, right away." Bo and I found out we could drink all day and still pass the breath test at .04 for Bo and .02 for me, while Jeanne failed miserably at .16 if I remember the numbers correctly. There are some better stories to tell but not over the internet with strangers. When we found out Goshen wasn't going to re-open this year we still stuck together and ended up going to Flora whenever the weather would allow. Joe graduated first, then Jeanne. During this time I had started going to church with them and out to dinner after with the family. I didn't know Dan as well as the rest of the family, and luckily I never met him when he was on the job. I guess when something like this happens, being so close, isn't so good.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.