diablopilot

Jerry Piccola aka Maggot.

From the Ranch newsletter:

Hello my friends...

Sometimes when one doesn't quite have the words, the easy way is to just
say it:

With deep sadness and so much regret, I am very very sorry to announce that
Jerry Piccola, our beloved Maggot, passed away today.

Never put off visiting those you want to simply because there will be time later.....

He will be missed.

-jp-

I was so afraid this would happen. When everyone on the Ranch forum was joking(months's ago) about Maggot going in on a base jump, I just had this awful feeling that it would manifest itself in some way. :(

Blue skies Maggot. I can't help but chuckle as I think about the video of you tasering Ralph the beast. You entertained so many of us Ranch Hands. Rest peacefully dear.

Jerry, "you asshole", we will miss you here, there, and everywhere. I will miss you ass-B|

He was in a very serious motorcycle accident. More info on the BASE Forum.

Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I'm pretty sure Maggot & crew took some pics of some tagged objects, It would be nice to start a BASE NINJA album or thread.

I still can't get him out of my head; starring at a cute girl, explaining in detail how he wanted to just wrap it! I'm scarred forever!!!!!

R.I.P. Maggot J.C's got you now. See ya up there!!!:)

i remember 4th of july 2004 at the Ranch, everyone was partying hard at the bonfire and maggot drives up in his pickup truck, jumps out, and starts digging through the tool box in the back of his truck. since it was dark, and he could see inside his tool box, his solution was so maggotesk........he lit up a road flare and sure enough found his fireworks....and so did the flare!! it was several minutes before it was safe to approach his truck, and the crowd went wild!!!

brah, going to miss ya and the good times that seem to always be surrounding you.

blues,
gump

I met Maggot while doing an NSL 4 way thing in Atlanta. It was quickly obvious that he needed a "handler." Dinner was at a historic "flour mill" or something like that. Nice family owned place with many antiques. At one point Maggot returns wearing a 100 year old wed all thought it was funny. The owners were white as a ghosts.

Sad to trip over this and see he is gone. He was one of the most memorable characters I've met.