CanuckInUSA

Keith Colwick

Keith Colwick was killed in a skydiving accident at Perris Valley on July 4th, 2008. While I did not know Keith nearly as well as the Perris Valley crew, my experiences with Keith on my rare visits to Perris, at a ground launching camp in CA as well as on the competitive swooping circuits were always positive ones.

Keith will be missed and my condolences go out to his friends at Perris Valley, his family and to Andrea.

BSBD ... [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

More sadness for the skydiving "family". This is the first I've heard of this. It truely saddens me. I'm sorry for everyone over at Perris. We at Elsinore are still coping with the loss of our Shindig. Tears and prayers go out to those close to Keith. May he fly fast and happy in heaven~Tanya
"Wanna cookie little boy?"

I used to accidentally call him...the apartment that I lived in had a phone system to open the door...so whenever I would get someone at the door, I would hold down the 9 key to let them in. For some reason, this phone would dial him, because his phone number was also the number 9 saved on my phone. Ended up talking a couple of times, saying what's up...but ended up losing touch after I moved up north 4 years ago and never ended up really catching up again. He was such a good guy. Genuine heart, loving person. It's a sad day.

:(

Kieth is an example of someone who is so driven he wouldn't let any limitations set him back. I was always amazed at his determination to be a great tunnel flier, even with the hardware from a previous injury in his back making it that much more difficult for him.

Always a friendly word from Kieth, I felt he was living life for what it was intended, to enjoy the human experience.

He will be missed, but memories are good things to share.....

"difficult I'll do today impossible I'll save for later"

bsbd
-jp-

I've had the opportunity to meet Keith a handful of time at competitions in Colorado and in Perris during my random visits. Keith portrayed a unique passion and intensity for our sport. It was in his eyes. You only had to look at him once to see he lived in that world so many of us do. I can only assume he shared this same intensity for the love of everything else in his life.
Sincere condolences to his immediate family and friends.
Blue ones Keith......
Watch out for planters.

From the moment I first read the Incident report, with no name released at the time, the canopy description gave me a really bad feeling. I kept hoping and praying it wasn't Keith all the way out to the dropzone yesterday. But there my friends could only confirm that it was him.

After a respite of three years at Perris and at least several years at Elsinore, the events of the last two weeks have caught up with us in a sudden and terrible way, taking two of our best. Be careful out there people, if this can happen to Keith and Shindig, it can happen to any of us.

As a father of two girls myself I'm deeply deeply grieved. My prayers go out for them and for Andrea.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I too only ever met Keith on my trip to Perris a few years ago but i remember him as a solid, friendly guy who absolutely loved to swoop. Fly free buddy, my prayers Are with your friends and family and the Perris crew.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Goddamn. Keith is one of a kind. Always helpful and motivated. Got to know him well while I was jumping at Perris for a few years and despite living pretty close together in Orange County, only really hung out w/ him on the DZ or up in Lake Isabella until right before I left a little over a year ago.

Even after I moved to CO, I'd hear from Keith often. I was always on the list for GL sessions he was organizing and he was always trying to get me to come back out. "As a side note, I've organized a session for the weekend of..." Seems that's how all the Emails or phone calls would end. He always seemed to refer to people as "Mr. ", "Miss ". Maybe just when he was talking to one person, maybe even when he'd refer to someone who wasn't around...I can't remember for sure, but it's one thing that stuck out. Every Email, phone call or Vmail started "Miiis-ter Collin".

He stayed w/ us last year when he came out for the CPC comp in Longmont and just Emailed last Wed, letting me know when he'd be in town. He was going to stay w/ us this year, too, and I was really looking forward to seeing him again. One of the most genuine people I ever met.

Took this pic a few years back. He loved it. Andrea seemed to act like she "tollerated" it, but I swear she loved it, too.

All our best to Andrea, the kids and anyone lucky enough to know him. I'll miss ya, Keith.

-C.

Keith, you will be missed. Blue Skies, brother. Andrea and the kids, my sincere condolences.
Enjoy the pictures. They were some of my happiest days.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23232&l=d59bd&id=514569869
"Bodygolfing" isn't as much fun as it sounds. People get pissed when you don't replace your divets.

Could someone please PM me Keith & Andrea's address in Fallbrook? I have some nice pictures of them that I'd like to send her. My heart really goes out to Andrea and Keith's kids. I'd like to let her know that she's in my thoughts, and hopefully the photos will help remind her of happy times.

Thanks.

Came across a couple of Pictures of Keith I wanted to share.
One is from a Halloween Party at the Bomb Shelter. The other is from The River Boogie at Parker AZ.

Miss Ya Bro !!

Nick D

The key to Immortality is- first living a life worth remembering”