NickDG

Michael Masterov . . .

I do indeed remember him, one of several Mike's who regularly posted there (O'Mara, Spurgeon, Fedak, and DeadMike among the others). I'm sure RL can either confirm or deny, but I think Masterov was RM#1. Bummer. [:/]

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I'm sure RL (Peaches) will weigh in when she sees this . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Ron let me know earlier today, and I'm still stunned.

My most vivid memory of Michael goes back to the pepper vodka incident at BD '96--he said I couldn't do it, but I did. I kept it down too.

Michael Masterov made great pepper vodka.

He was also a brilliant and obnoxious bastard (and he was proud as hell of the "obnoxious" part).

He made me laugh a lot, even though I sometimes wanted to kill him.

Jesus, this sucks.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I do indeed remember him, one of several Mike's who regularly posted there (O'Mara, Spurgeon, Fedak, and DeadMike among the others). I'm sure RL can either confirm or deny, but I think Masterov was RM#1. Bummer. [:/]

Blues,
Dave

He was not RM#1; that number went to the guy who actually wrote the FAQ and the RMCC. Michael was one of the next two numbers, although I cannot remember which one it was as between him and Tina Marie.

In addition to being one of the few holders of AN RM number, he was also my official complaint department:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.skydiving/msg/7765368e2e8db6d5
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I remember, vaguely, some of his posts on rec.skydiving.

My condolences to all who knew him. [:/]

I admit that the report baffled me, I guess it's still under investigation and not enough details went into it, but I get that Michael was on a motorcycle. What I don't get is the other fatality, the woman... was she in a car? How does someone in a car die after getting hit by a motorcycle? Had to be a freakish thing where you get hit in the exact right spot or something? Man, that sucks...

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban