Shark

Shindig

June 21, 2010 marks the second year anniversary of the passing of Richard A. Schindler aka "Shindig" at Lake Elsinore. He was an inspiration to all that knew him he served 20 years in the United States Marine Corps. His military accomplishments are too many to list he quickly rose through the ranks, assigned to Force Recon, Drill Instructor, HALO instructor to name a few. Graduated top of his class in the Riverside County Sheriffs department, the man did not know the meaning of second place! I'm sure he is up in heaven making sure all the coverage on the pearly gates is squared away. His biggest accomplishment was his family my deepest sympathies go out to his wife & two sons. Your father & husband was an inspiration to all and his memories will go on forever and to all the lives he has touched.

Semper Fidelis the Marines have lost one of their few good men, gone but not forgotten! BSBD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od7YMLQXlQg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUDqVf39cBY
Live every day as it was your last, one day you'll be right!

Just throwing it out there buddy! Gone but not forgotten you were the Marine we all wish you we could've become. BSBD! Semper Fidelis brother blue skies forever!

Definitely not forgotten.

Here's a video from March '08 of a friend of mine doing a tandem with Shindig as the primary videographer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YjxrsLr0IY

My buddy Don Mullenix asked me to post this thoughtful expression of Shindig...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never attended any of the farewells for my fellow skydivers in the last few years. Between losses in my family and those in the skydiving family it has been very hard. When shindig and I jumped on the team together I was always calmed be his experience but motivated by his energy. He always got us to laugh and never held back when we asked his opinion. To this day I tear for his leaving as well as others who have left. I only hope that they are at peace.

Can't believe it's another year and I missed Rick Schindler's anniversary. Anyway make sure those assigned to the pearly gates are squared away. Miss you brother hope to see you on the other side so we can fly again one day! Semper Fidelis!
Live every day as it was your last, one day you'll be right!

This month marks 7 years since Shindig earned his angel wings. I stopped jumping shortly afterward, jarred by the thought of losing such an experienced instructor who likely saved my ass by teaching me how to do flat turns during my AFF training. I'm finally back in the skies now and Rick's advice to me is something that I'll always carry with me on every jump. Thanks for continuing to fly with me Shindig! :)