Shark

Shindig

Blue skies, dude.

We used to have this familiar exchange while on jumprun just before exit: Me; "Your my favorite instructor, ya know!" Rick; "Yeah, baby!!!!" B|

Happy times. Dude, we'll look out for Set and the boys.

Semper Fi,

Shark

I never met Rick, but he was a former Military Freefall Instructor down here in Yuma, along with his long list of other accomplishments.

Your brotherhood certificate is eternal.

We will keep your wife and children in out thoughts.

RIP MFFI
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

Shit man, I just got current again two weeks ago and had the pleasure of jumping training and jumping with him for my retrain. We had a blast, and he was awesome all around. It hurts very much to hear this tragic news, and is very sobering to think someone with so much experience could be so unfortunate.

Blue skies Shindig, it was great meeting and jumping with you :(

What a fine man Shindig was. Always smiling, laughing, or telling a great story. And the proudest and happiest father you ever knew. And on and on...

This one hurts more than most. I'm left reminded of the phrase.."the good die young". If anyone hears of when the services will be please let me know, I'd like to go.

Robert M

I remember expressing a few words with Shindig, on the few weekends I've been jumping at Elsinore. A very great person I wish I got to know better.

My prayers go out to his family, the Elsinore staff, and all the other jumpers that had to witness this horrible accident.

Blue Skies
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

Shark and the rest of my Elsinore DZ family,

I am so sorry to hear of this news. While I didn't know him well, he was always accessible and had answers for me as I went through my perpetual re currency training. All thoughts and prayers to you all, his family, and Shindig......

Bob Marks
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

Shindig was so many things. Here is some of what comes to mind.

He was a leader of men. When he told a story it was not uncommon to have 10 guys listening intently.

He was an awesome flyer. When he videoed a tandem it was guaranteed that the student, the instructor, and he would have a blast in freefall.

He was a proud and good father.

He never had anything bad to say about anyone, but he was not afraid to let you know if you were doing something stupid.

He was full of positive energy and passion for life.

Blue Skies Rick. We will miss you man.

I don't know what to say. This is such a tragic loss of a great guy and great skydiver. We may never really know what happened. We've lost one of our own SoCal cameraflyers...

In the end, all that really matters is kindness.

My sincere condolences to Shindig's family and friends.

Karen

I love you all.
http://www.exitshot.com

Blue Skies Shindig... what a loss. My heart goes out to his family, his friends & extended Elsinore family...

The first time I met him, he offered to do the video for my sister & I's first jump... he berated us later for not doing anything while we were up there (hhahaha!) we just hung on to each other the whole time... he was such a huge part of the DZ. An outstanding man, veteran, husband, father & skydiver.

Rest in peace my friend.

Shindig, you were and STILL are one of my favorites! Thanks so much for your warm hugs and for always telling me I smelled good! LOL Most of all I loved hearing you proudly boast about your two amazing little boys. I will miss you so much! Fly happy up there :)and watch over us all~Hug n a cookie, Tanya

"Wanna cookie little boy?"

hugs to my elsinore family - condolences to friends and family - you are all in my prayers.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Blue Skies Rick!!!!

Life enternal, love immortal. May your family be blessed with peace and love.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Memorial info:

Friday, June 27th, 2PM

England Funeral Home
27135 Madison Avenue
Temecula, CA 92590

Followed by a celebration of life at Skydive Elsinore at 4:30PM.

Dress is casual.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Geez Shark, what a sad weekend for your skydiving family and ours too. Two great people gone. I just wanted to post on this page to wish the Elsinore family strength and condolences. It is very sad that he left a wife and children behind. I did not know Shindig but it sounds like he was an incredible man. I am sorry for the loss of your good friend. You are all in my thoughts.
Blue skies.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."