pevvers

Jesus and Germano - Skydive Lillo crash - 30th May 2008

I was hoping that it would be a while in my skydiving career before I had to start a thread like this on here, but feel that I need to as nobody else has yet. I know that it has literally only been a few hours since the incident took place, but have to send out condolences to the families of Germano and the pilot Jesus.

Although I did not Germano personally, and the only time I really attempted to speak to Jesus was after a malfunction when I was exiting the Porter, I feel like I know them just because they were at Lillo which is a dropzone very close to my heart as it's where I completed my AFF and FS1. I hope that the Lillo family can get over this in time, and that all the injured jumpers heal fast.

A very sad day for me.

BSBD.

:(

Lillo is my jumping home, I have done more jumps there and had more fun there than anywhere else. I am truly gutted for Lillo and my thoughts are with everyone there, friends and family of Jesus and Germano. Truly sad. I hope the injured recover well. :(

Our condolences to the families and everyone at Lillo. Having just spent a few weeks there and meeting many, it is like a part of our family is gone as well. These are wonderful people and I am sure the loss is devestaing to all. Play Safe

Germano Da Silva: Pieter and I are both very sad that life has decided to take you away from all who loved you. Our thoughts are with Yulia, your family and all your close friends.

Your selfless act was true to your kind and giving nature.

You will be missed.

Nikki & Pieter Malan