Breezejunky

Our friend, Ahmed Kotb

I just found out about Ahmed a few days ago. My heart is very sad for a great guy and super skydiver.
I jumped with Ahmed for a few years at the Christmas boogie at z-Hills.
We would always race each other down to the formation to see who coulde get to his slot first.
When he would beat me, he always had that great smild behind his face shield while thinking what took me so long.
I wish skydiving had mulligans like golf.
I can't believe how many friends I have lost to skydiving in the last 11 years since I started.
I will hold the memories of Ahmed dear to my heart.
I am sure you are organizing in heaven while waiting for all of us to join you...... L.T.
You are only as good as you think you are.

Today marks the one year anniversary of the loss of a great skydiver, and a great guy, Ahmed Kotb. Raise your glass of Grey Goose vodka, Ahmed's favourite drink, and salute the friend we miss so much. So many pictures, so many stories, so many good memories. And such an unfortunate loss.

A very nice red maple tree was planted as a memorial in the fall of 2008, and stands along the waterfront at Budapest Park in Toronto, a few blocks from Ahmed's home. It's here at Ahmed's tree where many of Ahmed's friends meet, to BBQ and remember the good times we've shared. The picture shows the first red pull-up that was put on the tree, but there are now many more hanging from the tree today.

Ahmed's parents have recently flown in from Egypt, and very much wish to meet with as many of Ahmed's friends as they can. At the time of this writing, there are plans to have them visit the Skydive Swoop dropzone on Saturday May 2nd at about 2:00pm and will most likely be staying for a couple hours. Please spread the word, as all are invited to attend.

Our friend, gone but never forgotten.
GB

This past Saturday I spent some time in the Montreal wind tunnel, doing some sit flying. It brought back a memory of Ahmed and I trying to learn how to sitfly at 3am in Orlando. I'll never forget his smiling face or his patience.

Every time I'd show up at the DZ when Ahmed was doing tandems, I'll always remember those same words he's always say as soon as he'd see me....with a big smile on his face, "Fez, am I happy to see you..."

Here is a toast to a great person....cheers Ahmed!

If at first you don't succeed....then Skydiving is not for you!

I still have a little picture of him up on my wall..so I still get to see that smiling mug of his regularly.

And he is still missed...and always will be.

Blue ones to our buddy Ahmed....Cheers

If at first you don't succeed....then Skydiving is not for you!