MercedesW

Our Beloved Marnie Fuller

We lost an amazing woman today and she will never be forgotton. For those of you who were lucky enough to know Marnie, you knew you were lucky to have her in your life. She was the type of person who would do anything for you and anytime she was around you could not help but smile. She had an incredible zest for life and was full of spirit. She leaves behind a daughter, an amazing soulmate (Fletch) and many mournful friends that will miss that laugh and wonderful craziness. I was one of the lucky ones to have known her and even though my eyes feel like sandpaper from all the crying and the denial setting in, I feel wonderful that I had her in my life and all my memories of her are the person I strive to be. An excellent mother, a devoted soulmate, a best friend to everyone, and a risk taker in life. We should all be so lucky to have a fraction of that in our lifetimes. Marnie, you were one in a million and I love you.
Mercedes

When I first started jumping at FFE Marnie (along with Tera & Emilee) welcomed me with open arms. Marnie always had a smile on her face, and had determination that was unwavering. Just a few short weeks ago I was lucky enough to be a part of the first MO women's state record - a 6 way all girl formation - which Marnie organized. I will never forget what a wonderful person she was, and an excellent skydiver, the girl always flew her slot! I miss you girl. My heart goes out to all the friends and family, especially Flecth and all my other family at FFE. God speed.

I took Marnie on her first jump (tandem) and always called her one of my skychildren. She and my wife went thru the student progression at the same time. That was one cold winter for Fletcher as he was about thier soul source of instruction during those winter months.
Fast fwd a year or so later and Marnie and Fletch started dating and I saw a change in my friend as Marnie was his other half.
I am sad today, my wife is deeply hurt as well as we both have lost our good friend Marnie.
Fleth and the others at ffx, we are thinking about you and miss you all.
Joe and Christina
www.greenboxphotography.com

I didn't know Marnie, but I met Fletch last year when I visited FFE. My heart goes out to you, Fletch, and the rest of the FFE family; Brian, Lynn, Mike, and Fletch were all very nice to me, and are very good people.

My condolences to everyone in Mt.Vernon, and to Marnie's family and friends. Stay strong, Fletch - I'm so sorry you lost your love.
T.I.N.S.

I am still numb with disbelief that I will never again see Marnie's beautiful smiling face. I loved her like a sister. My condolences to everyone in Mt.Vernon, and to all of Marnie's family and friends.
Fly forever free in blue skies my skysister...I love you!

Liz

Old age ain't no place for sissies!

Marnie is and will always be my sister. If you knew Marnie, you knew how life is supposed to be lived...full and joyous. Tori was her life, Fletch was her love, and skydiving was her force......the three made her complete. And because of who she was, she brought something special into the lives of everyone she met. Marnie's smile immediately put you in a good mood no matter what was going on in your life. She radiated positive vibes that filled a room......that's just one of the reasons she was loved by so many people. I already miss you so Marnie...just like all your friends. But I know you are looking down telling us you are ok and are still with us. I smile thinking you can fly without a parachute now....you would want us to know that wouldn't you!!!! I'll see you again someday my skysister. For now, blue skies.......Susan

Hello Bryan and Lyn, hello all, our friends in Missouri . . . Hello to all the family.

We had been watching the news closely from here at Lost Prairie . . . hoping for good news . . . but alas. We are so sorry for you pain. With this letter, we hope that you will find some comfort. Last May, we too suffered a tragic aircraft accident at our dropzone with the loss of five people.

Through our tears and anguish, one thing kept us uplifted. That was, and still is, the tremendous support and love from the extended skydiving family. Shortly after the loss of our five friends in the crash of 71T, we received an outpouring of hundreds of e-mails, phone calls, and cards. Some were from friends that we had not heard from in 30+ years; others from people we did not know. And, overwhelming strength from those close at hand. We are still receiving calls and e-mails. All help to ease the pain. This support helps us to keep going. It is what makes it possible to carry on. It helps to lighten the weight of each breath. The healing process is long and seemingly unending. One step at a time; one day at a time. There will be no day when you will say, "I'm glad that's over". Healing is a lifelong event.

One of the best pieces of advice that I received was to not focus on that horrible moment of the death of your loved ones. Remember and celebrate the years of love and joy that you shared with them. Their essence is in those memories and there for you always.

Realize that Marnie and Jennifer died in body only. Their spirits now soar. See them in the clouds; see them in the stars. What better way to end this life then in the pursuit of passion? Celebrate the fact that they did just that. Find strength in the power of the human spirit to carry on. This earth is just a way-point along the route of existence.

From Lost Prairie, to all of you, we pass on and share the positive energy that we received in our times of grief. Words cannot make the pain go away. Hold close to your hearts the love that you are feeling from those around you. You cannot change the past but you can make the future a better place to be. Rely on each other. You will find comfort and solace there.

HUG YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TODAY. TELL THEM THAT YOU LOVE THEM. THEY COULD BE GONE IN AN INSTANT.
www.SkydiveLostPrairie.com

I will miss Marnie. Although we did not have a close relationship, I so appreciated her friendliness. Her willingness to jump with a rookie and share her experience. My heart breaks for her daughter, her family, & Fletch. Everyone involved is in my thoughts and prayers! Blue Skies Marnie!!

My heart aches most for Marnie's daughter. I, like Marnie love our sport so much but I love my daughter too and the thought of something bad happening to me from skydiving causing me to leave my daughter behind and not getting to watch her grow up is about the worst thing I can imagine ... How old is her daughter? This is so devastating. I don't know if there is anything I can do to help, I just feel so badly as another skydiver Mom living so close to this incident in Missouri and the people out at Freefall Express are truly a beautiful and kind group of jumpers ... I am so sorry to family and friends of those lost. If I can help in ANY way or make any difference especially to that little girl who is likely devastated, please let me know. Her mom was a beautiful person who did remarkable things yet I know right now that is not going to be enough to comfort her daughter in her loss. Maybe we can set up a fund for her in her Mom's name or at Christmas time send gifts to that little girl from her extended skydiving family. I speak like she is a little girl so forgive me if I am wrong, I know I have jumped with Marnie but did not know her personally or her daughter.

When my daughter lost her papa in 2003, he was a pilot at Aloha Airlines. The following two Christmas holidays, many of the Aloha pilots and flight attendants who knew Randy sent gifts to Dakota. One of those gifts was a teddy bear with a halo and a rose. We call it her Papa bear and she cherishes that bear and those gifts still to this day because they came from the people who were like extended family to her dad. Plus, it also made the holidays a little easier. I would be more than happy to organize something similar for Marnie's daughter. That is one way we can honor Marnie.

I mean it when I say that you guys are part of my extended family and please let me know if there is anything I can do. ANYTHING. Marnie, we will miss you on the state record but we know you will be flying with us from up above.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

I flew for FFX for over a year. That place was a great place for me at that time. Everyone there is a very fun and positive person. Marnie was always very friendly to me! She was really cool, she would always make sure that she would say hello and have a smile on her all day long!

Sorry to hear of this tragedy, Marnie and others invovled will never be forgotten! Prayers go out to the entire FFX family!

Justice and Fletch, I am sincerely sorry.

Having just joined the FFX family from another DZ, I only knew Marnie in passing but still she left an impression. I regret that I did not get to know her better while I could. My heart breaks for the family, both immediate and extended skydiving.
Blue skies Marnie.

I grew up at Quantum Leap. I did my first "A" license dive at FFE with my own rig. New DZ, New aircraft, new rig. EVERYONE took care of me there. I had an awesome experience that day. I had to drive 2 hours to get to FFE, when it was only an hour to Quantum.

When the plane crashed at Quantum Lepa, I lost not only friends, but my home DZ. FFE took me in. I am lucky to be able to call them not only home, but family as well.

I will miss your smile, Marnie. Fletch, I have no words for your loss. I hope you find peace, Bro.

Steve

The Tulsa contingent would like to extend our deepest condolences to our extended family at FFE. Our hearts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Marnie's smiling face always made us feel welcome.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Marnie had what I call puppy personality. When she saw you, she bounded over like an enthusiastic puppy, knocked you down and kissed your face. I am going to miss teasing her about stealing Fletch and watching Tori's dance videos. What a proud mom.

I love you, Marnie. I love how you lived your life. No regrets. I'll say goodnight and not goodbye.

I did not know Marnie real well since I normally jump in Oklahoma, but I go to FFE for the boogies and specialty airplanes. Marnie seemed like such a sweet person. She was always inviting me to join the women's record attempts, which I did do a few times over the past 2-3 years. I saw her right after they made the record last month. She was so happy, I know it meant so much to her. My condolences go out to everyone there.

Blue skies Marnie.