CanuckInUSA

Daniel (Dan-o) Braafhart

To all of the family and friends of "Papa Dan"

This is from a friend who knew Dan from when he learned how to skydive in Phoenix. He was first known to us as "Chicken Dan" because he was working for church's fried chicken at the time and then took the position at papa john's. News travels fast in this family and needless to say, he will be missed by every single person who knew him and beyond. In peace and stillness of heart go out to all.

Blue skies "Papa Dan" blue skies,

Dedra

Dan-o you are loved and missed. Thanks for the skydives, the beers, the pizza and the good times. You touched the lives of so many people and you could always be counted on to be there, with a smile.

You bumped off a load when I was having a hard time one day, just to sit and talk with me awhile... even though it wasn't skydiving related. Then you said it was time to let it go and just go fly. We did and it was an awesome jump with friends... one I'll never forget. Thanks for being a friend and a great jump buddy.

Anthony, John, TJ and Ann I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Blue Skies,

Kara

Our deepest condolences go out to The Brafheart & Seering Family, as we share the pain of their tragedy.
Dans desire to skydive was never about money, ego or notoriety, but just the joy in sharing the value of this human experience. We would all do well continuing his legacy and spirit of life.

Randy Fortner
&
The Staff of Colorado SkySports

I can't believe this news...having known Dan since he started skydiving I was so impressed how far he had gone in the sport. I've stopped jumping since I had kids and I was always impressed to hear of the things Dan O was up to...tandem master...making wingsuit jumps...things I never though he'd do when he was just starting out. I'm so sorry for his family and the family of the passenger. Here are a few photos of Dan O from his early days in Arizona. Blue Skies, Dan!

So very sorry to hear such sad news. My heart goes out to all the friends/family of both Dan Braffhart, as well as Matthew Seering. So very sorry for your loss and thoughts and prayers go out to you all! Blue skies...:(

"Sex.... It's just like cuddling - only damper."
Flying Hellfish#695
Muff Brother#3885
Rodriguez Brother#1526-Tronca Rodriguez

:(
Here is the obituary [:/]:

Daniel P. Braafhart, 54, a resident of Commerce City, died on April 5 in Longmont, CO. He is survived by his wife, Ann; his mother, Violet; a son, Jon; grandchildren, Kayla and Cody; his brother Michael and his wife Sherry; and a brother Garen; and two foster sons, Anthony LaFreniere and T.J. Solar as well as many other friends and relatives. He was predeceased by his father, David Braafhart on November 17, 1997. Dan loved God and family and lived to serve people in any way he could.

Daniel served as an operations vice-president and regional franchise business director for Papa Johns International for the last 8 years. He previously worked as operations VP for Church’s Chicken for many years. He enjoyed skydiving and snowboarding and was an avid Broncos fan. He was a part-time skydiving instructor at Mile-Hi Skydiving in Longmont where he had many friends and coworkers.

The memorial service will be held on Wednesday, April 9 at 2:00 p.m. at the Foothills Chapel, 1950 Ford Street in Golden, CO where he and his wife were married in 2005. His ashes will be scattered at a future date by his skydiving family at Mile-Hi Skydiving.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be sent to the Daniel Braafhart Memorial Fund at Wells Fargo Bank to support ministries that were close to Dan’s heart.

:(

When I think of Dan, I will always remember once specific day at Estrella. During my "confidence jump" a dust storm rolled in out of nowhere, blew me backwards across the desert where I landed quite a distance from the drop zone - breaking my ankle in the process. Anyway, Dan was one of quite a few people who carried me out of the desert that day, and was there in my room after I woke up from surgery. Soon after that, while I was still in my cast, Dan broke one of his legs snowboarding - so we were quite the pair hanging out together at the drop zone! What I'd like to tell you about Dan, is something that I am sure you already know - he was the nicest, sweetest and funniest guy that anyone could ever have the privilege of knowing, and he will be missed by many. I am blessed to have known him.

This is a loss not only to our skydivig community, but to society as a whole. Dan was a person who genuinely cared for those around him. I remember in Phoenix, he would bring youth from his church to the DZ in order to be a positive role model.

I know that his faith was strong as a christian and right now he is in the arms of Jesus smiling down upon us all.

Dan, you will be greatly missed my friend.

Wow, I couldnt believe this when I heard it saturday.

Dan-O, you were my FJC instructor and you and I always talked about how I was doing and you were always encouraging me to keep jumping...

I'll never forget what you told me after my first jump when I forgot to flare but did a perfect PLF, according to you...haha

I'll def. miss you, but I will never forget anything you taught me...Thank you...

Blue Skies buddy...
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

I'm taking a minute to ask you all to share your pictures and/or video of Dan-o with me for a memorial video I'm putting together for everyone who was touched by Dan-o. Please submit them to me as soon as possible via email, or via mail if video. Please send a copy if possible, and indicate whether or not you will need any hard copies returned to you. Send everything in the highest resolution possible.

Anyone who will want a copy of the memorial DVD please send me an email at cp AT subpope DOT com.

Please send any media to the same email address or via snail mail to:

Dan-o
c/o Chris Pope
PO Box 251
Eldorado Springs, CO 80025

We'll miss you Dan-o! Thanks for leading by example!
pope