howardwhite

Dick Barber

I was saddened to learn of the death Thursday of Dick Barber, C-2375, a charter member of Connecticut Parachutists Inc., a long-time national and international skydiving judge, and a warm, smart, and funny guy.
Dick was awarded USPA's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award in 1995 "for dedicated service to all competitors as a judge at countless U.S. Nationals and world championships, and for the inspiration provided to judges."
He was also an honorary member of the U.S. Army's Golden Knights.
Dick was a familiar figure at skydiving meets around the Northeast and around the country and world as a National and FAI-rated judge. He suffered a severe heart attack while judging at the U.S. Nationals in Arizona in 1998.
He was one of the 35 graduates of the first USPA Instructor Certification Course, held in Manchester, CT in April,1970.
A death notice and guest book are here. Private services will be held later.

HW

I was just thinking about Dick a couple weeks ago after a conversation about judging comps.
Dick was a great guy and gave me some very good advise at meets in Ontario during the 70s and it was great to catch up with him again in Aussie during the 80s.
He will be missed
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI