DFWAJG

Wes Harberts

We will be having a memorial service for him this Saturday on Lake Tahoe. It will be around noon. Probably on Nevada Beach. There will be a lake load as part of the memorial. If you would like to be on the lake load please contact Billy Sharman @ 707-365-8636. If the weather is not permitting we will hold the memorial at the DZ in Minden.

As I get more detailed information you all will be informed.

Love,
Ryan

Two of my friends appear in Blue Skies this week. Wes Harberts and Howard Skehan. Both friends, both skydivers, both missed. It's days like these i think we all question our sport. The thing is, those we love we would not have if skydiving had not brought us together. For better or worse, family forever.

Much love to both my friends lost, and all those I still have.

Dean (Princess)

Wes, I'm glad you got to realize your dream at Skydive Tahoe. Your enthusiasm and love for the sport was infectious. I was up there a month ago and it was a fairly warm day in Minden, but Wes kept telling me that it was one of the coldest days they'd had, and how beautiful it normally is there. I was there to do tandems, but Wes told me he wished I could have been doing a fun jump first (I did do one later) and he welcomed me warmly to his DZ. Blue Skies, fly free, you will be missed.

Wes,

From old Portola days and you showing me your Dad's arrowhead collection, to the secret meadow you showed me with all those little brook trout which I will never find again, to Eagle Lake and the Albatross, to all the good times in Eloy, we always found ourselves in great places having great times. I will miss the good times we had ahead. Rock on my friend.

Dave

Wes
Thanks for all the fun in tahoe. After my mom came out on a jump with us to watch it got her hucked and she plans to jump this summer. Tahoe jumping will never be the same without you on the lake loads. to the rest at skydive tahoe thanks as well and i will be back in the early summer to play.

Blue skies miss you all and was see you when I out your way.

Justin

I only met Wes once; He was a cool guy.

I would like to echo those thoughts. I only got to spend a short time at Skydive Tahoe. I will say that everyone there was very hospitable. I tend to connect with people I like rather quickly. I could tell Wes was one of those people that was full of life and truly uninhibited and totally accepting of people for who they are.

To Aja, Billy, Mike the pilot, and Jason (I believe it was, terrible on names) and all the people at Skydive Tahoe, I offer my sincere condolences for your loss. It has been a tragic week. I would like to share just a few pix from my short trip there.

All da best,
Don