MajorDad

Cathy Johnson - CSPA

From cspa.chat earlier today..

It is with a heavy heart that I am forwarding this message.
I have just learned about the passing of CSPA’s long loved Cathy Johnson.
Funeral arrangements have been made for Saturday, Feb. 16th between 11:00 – 2:00 p.m. in Ottawa at
Hulse Playfair & McGarry Funeral Home 1200 Ogilvie Road Ottawa, Ontario.
We will always remember Cathy in our hearts……..

judy

Eternal Blue Skies, Cathy :(:(:(

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

Cathy was a great lady with a wonderful sense of humour and unlimited patience...which she had to have when dealing with skydivers all day, every day.

Nothing but good memories of Cathy who worked above and beyond the call of duty for CSPA for many, many years.

Blue skies Cathy, we all miss you,

Murray Stevens
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Nicely said !!!

Unfortunately, I never did have a chance to meet Cathy in person, although I had many dealings with her over the years.
Cathy was a real stalwart: she was industrious, friendly, non-judgemental - always willing to spend time and effort to assist both novice and experienced jumpers. No request was too much for her !

Her easy, helpful demeanor helped to allow me to overcome the egotism of so many in the sport during the early years of the 1980's. There are many, many superlatives one could attach to her name. My sincere condolences to her family and friends. Personally, I will miss Cathy Johnson, a really, really nice Lady.