Andy_Copland

Richard Heaton

Well this is my first thread as such. So not really sure what to say.

One night Richard was present when a fight nearly started, someone had thrown a can of beer in anothers face and tensions were really high. Violence was probably about to kick off and in the midst of it all he sat in his chair singing and playing his guitar.

Everyone calmed down and things returned to normal.

Thats the kind of person i remember him as and i'll miss his remarks and "bloody wanker" comments.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

I don't even know what to say. Almost seems appropriate that I was wearing his "favorite pants" when I heard the terrible news. I will miss him and the way he would follow me around sometimes, keeping an eye on his favorite pants. I will remember him playing his guitar in front of the hanger and sounding exactly like Bob Dylan while singing Bob Dylan songs. I will remember him as always barefoot, no matter how damn cold it was. I will remember him rolling his own cigs and always asking me for a light. I will remember him rubbing my butt for luck the day of his 1st BASE jump and then telling me how awesome the jump went. I will remember him as a nice guy that always greeted me with a smile and made me feel like a supermodel. I use to tell him that he and Big Eric were awesome ego boosters.

The past several months have been difficult for The Farm. Richard is the first one this year. I sincerely hope there are no more goodbyes this year. :(

Fly Free Richard...

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

Richard was a damn good friend. My wife told me the news when I got home from work. She was crying...I was just pissed off. Richard called me while I was at the Farm last Sunday. He'd left his phone at the Farm. He asked me to mail it to him in Macon, 'cause he was leaving for Idaho. He got his phone Tuesday. I called and talked to Jill and Richard Tuesday, and told him three different times to be careful in Idaho. Later, he left a message on my cell phone letting me know that he'd arrived in Idaho. He told me that it was really cool of me to send his phone to him, and that he owes me big. Yep, the jackass owes me nine bucks. I really wish that I would have called him back. I never thought that he'd jump alone...how stupid. Now I'll never see my friend again. To all my friends who B.A.S.E. jump...learn from this...this was a needless loss. To Jill...I know you guys had grown very close...I won't pretend to know how you feel, but you know you have myself and Mel's love and support.
Blue Skies to my friend Richard Heaton...love ya, bro...

Big Eric

The Braver the Bird...The Fatter the Cat.

I'm sorry for all my friends at the Farm who knew Richard and are hurting because of this. [:/] Although I do call The Farm my home DZ, I haven't been around all that much lately, and I'm sorry to say that I'm not entirely sure I know who Richard was. Does anyone have a pic they want to post?

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Sadly, Laura, no one seems to have any pictures of him. He always wore jeans and no shoes. Packed parachutes. Hung out with Big Eric. Does that help? I know you would know who he is.... if only I had a picture.
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

Is he not in any of the pictures from the christmas party a couple months ago? Somebody's got a bunch of pictures online somewhere...

Edited to add: That is... if he WAS there that day.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

He was there all day, up until the staff jackets were given out. Most of the pictures that I have seen were taken after that. I looked through all of mine and just didn't see any. If anyone has pics posted, send me a link and I'll look through them for any sight of him.

I been waiting for a pic. And thats classic. I didn't know you Rich, well who's to say our paths didn't cross and we had that look and maybe that nod.

But, You lived and loved the air, the wind, the rush.

REMEMBER: We are all brothers and sisters out here, and it doesn't take but a minute to ask someone for some eyes.

My condolences to family and friends.

E

Thanks, now I have a picture to go with the name. Didn't know him and never really talked with him, but I do remember seeing him at The Farm. Condolences to all who miss him. [:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Richards funeral is tomorrow morning in Waycross at 10am. I am planning on attending. Anyone want to carpool, pm me. It's about a 3 hr ride or so, I think.

Hi Mel,

I am just finding out about this as I am just getting back on DZ.com. As you know Anthony and I have moved to TN and I just got the computer unpacked and up.

This is absolutely aweful. I consider Richard a good friend. He was always so nice to me. He packed for me and I kept his coffee cup full when we were at the Farm. I even accidently took his rig twice because it looked like one of ours.

I can not explain how sad I am right now. Anthony, Ken and I will miss Richard tremendously. Our hearts go out to his family.

Blue Skies till we meet again my friend.......