stratostar

Goodby Skinnyshrek

Lee... thanks for the great times and for the open door (or at least the key to the trailer!) even if I did have to bring New Castle ;) I will miss you more than you will ever know!!! Makes me wish I came down more...

And quickly my favorite Lee moment... taking the short bus to KFC, where he got a to go container and proceeding to fill it off the buffet I believe after not even paying for the buffet... and of course throwing chicken bones out the window of the bus... he definitely knew how to live life and make everyone around him smile...

Brandy I am so sorry for your loss... if you need anything, we are all here for you.

"me you alcohol a rig a car and a bunch of planes what could posibly go wrong" - Pruitt

These made me smile...

Those make me smile as well!

Myself, Popsjumper, & NWFlyer are also in that first pic!

That was just before one of my most memorable jumps with Lee. That was the Skydive Radio / Pokerstars big way at last years Halloween boogie. Who would have ever thought a bunch of poker players who had never all jumped together could throw together a 15 way and it come together like it did on the first attempt, at sunset, just before the party started.

That night was one of the best parties that I can remember. Lee kept Jen and I in stitches all night!

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

These made me smile...

That was just before one of my most memorable jumps with Lee. That was the Skydive Radio / Pokerstars big way at last years Halloween boogie. Who would have ever thought a bunch of poker players who had never all jumped together could throw together a 15 way and it come together like it did on the first attempt, at sunset, just before the party started.

That night was one of the best parties that I can remember. Lee kept Jen and I in stitches all night!

Makes me smile too. I'm there in red and black to Lee's left. My Cora's there too. That was a great weekend and a great jump. Man I miss Lee.

Edited to add: Someone has to have the group pictures we took for that jump.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

It's in the Skydive Radio pic of the week archive:

http://www.skydiveradio.com/pic_of_week/potw66.JPG

Along with with one I always loved (great photographer, great subject:
http://www.skydiveradio.com/pic_of_week/potw84.jpg (Norman Kent shooting Lee shooting a pops record attempt)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

OMG Mandy... I remember that outing as well...I was laughing so hard at him and the way he was driving the bus, that was the day that I found out he hated it when I popped my gum really loud, so whenever we got on a load together, I would make it a point to sit beside him to pop my gum. I remember one particular load we got on in the Porter on the back bench and I was popping my gum and he took me into a headlock....I thought about pulling his reserve, but he let me go. :D I was going through my pics of Skyfest and he's in almost every pic I took, acting like he was just a random bystander. We went to Walmart together in the big town of Rosharon, Texas....one of the funniest trips to a Walmart EVER...he was looking for a clip to replace the one he broke on his camera suit...and then after that we ultimately ended up at a liquor store....whodathunkit? Lee and beer or I should say, Lee and Newcastle. He always said Hello to me on yahoo instant messenger. His heart is like no other. I mean it Brandy, anything you need, I am here...even if you just want to come down to St. Pete and get away. :)

These made me smile...

My gripper's in there, does that count? In the group shot Krisanne posted, I'm right behind Lee. :)

That skydive was fun, though "at sunset" might be a bit of a stretch...I remember sticking out like a sore thumb on the video just because of my cam-eye. :D That party was awesome too. You guys may have had a better campfire than me & Clint, but we got to see the midget 100-ways. :P Those fuckers were good! :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I remember on that trip right after we put on life vests he walked up and punched me in the gut. Hard. I dropped like a sack of bricks.

He walked up and said, "Sorry mate. Damn, that shouldn't a hurt. Ya had padding on."

I was a little upset, but that look of sheer innocence and "I didn't mean to" made me forgive him and crack up some, once I got my wind back. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

That skydive was fun, though "at sunset" might be a bit of a stretch...

There's a reason we don't have any good in-air shots! No light!

I remember that jump being the first time I realized that under certain conditions a black canopy was not the safest thing to have. :D But that really was a memorable and wonderful jump, and I think my only jump with Lee. [:/]
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

These made me smile...

I told him that his chest strap was undone and he looked, so I thumbed his nose for him.[:/}

Great dive.

Great people!

Fuck I miss him.

And the rest of y'all too.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I am still not 100% sure how I am handling this yet...

still in a little shock I guess, still wondering what happened, and still questioning how I deal with people in general.

live and learn I guess. I am just not sure..

As Brandy said, " It would be so much easier to get though this if he just would have gone in or something." It would be closure, I thin she meant, no - I know she meant . . .

I agree - in a weird sort of way, But- the shit surrounding all this - makes it so much harder.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

i only knew him from the forums here and from hearing his name on skydive radio..
RIP Blue Skies Brother

..i wasnt able to find an incident report so im not clear on what actually happened to him..if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

The celebration of our beloved Skinnyshrek (Lee) will be at the Farm the weekend of 12/15 & 12/16. We will be honored to have Lee's parents along with his sister, brother in-law along with his uncle. Please come and celebrate a man who knew how to live. An ash dive will be made at some point during these two days.

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

A couple of yrs ago when I was a new jumper I came to the Farm while traveling through Atlanta. I met a lot of great people. I jumped with Brandy a couple of times and stayed for the poker game. Though I only met him a few times, Lee was a great guy and I'll always remember him. This is truly sad and tragic. Fly Free Lee and Brandy I am so very sorry.

Will

I have hesitated to post anything in any of the shrek threads because i only met the man once. Skinny and a ton of others came all the way to TX for skyfest one year (mudfest year) and i made it a point to meet him. He was just like he was online, brutally honest and funny as hell. I knew he was a great guy. He took a liking to Shiner Bock while he was here and drank every one i offered him. On the last day of the boogie, i was packing up the truck and walking back to the hanger to get some more stuff and finishing up one of my last shiners. Lee was walking out to the parking lot, preparing to leave as well. He saw my beer and came towards me with that huge grin of his. He looked right at me as he grabbed the beer from my hands and said, "Thanks mate, you're a lifesaver" He was sweating buckets and took a huge swig of my beer, patted me on the shoulder, handed it back to me and kept on walking towards his truck. I just stood there and laughed shaking my head. Only he could get away with that.

Blue skies Lee, you are truly a great spirit that obviously knew how to live life.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.