stratostar

Goodby Skinnyshrek

Brandy. I am sorry for what you must be struggling to deal with.
It is not fair and there is nothing positive i can say about it. I hope the pain you are feeling will soon be overcome with fantastic memories that you and Lee must have made in your time with him.
I never met Lee in person but it sure sounds like you got yourself a good man and I hope when you get to lay Lee to rest that the sun is shinning and his presence stays with you throughout your life.

I really wish I had taken Lee up on his offer to come and stay a while. That is something i will always regret.

Try and stay positive. I dont know you but i am thinking of you.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Lee was Lee. What you saw was what you got. No bullshit, no fluff just a straight up Bro. I'll miss the sooty bastard jabs, the questions about how many planes I've run together and how I was the biggest flake in the southeast but most of all I'll miss you.

Thanks for the short but fun times we had.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

What does it say about Lee (and you) that I read that as "the short BUS fun times"?:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

What does it say about Lee (and you) that I read that as "the short BUS fun times"?:D

Duh Krisanne... We ALL ride the short bus at The Farm! :ph34r:

I have A LOT of great memories of "Lee commentary" on the bus ride to the airport! :S

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

I had been trading posts with Lee for years.. and I finally got to meet him the first weekend of NOV this year. I only went to the Farm for an all to short visit and to finally meet Lee and the other Farm-ers. I thought I would get to meet them at the Halloween Boogie at SD ATL but alas none of them came down for the weekend. SOOO I took the afternoon on Sunday and drove up to say YO to all of them and hand out a few Amazon hugs........

I consider myself fortunate to have even spent a few hours with him and Brandy and all the other from there.
I will miss his posts here on DIZZYDOTCOM... I feel so very sorry for Brandy and what she is having to go thru[:/][:/]

Blue Skies my large wonderful friend...fly free always.:(:(

*** "the short BUS fun times"?

:D:D:DI needed a good laugh and I knew I could count on my "3-way from Hell" buddy to give me one. :)

RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

***Do not stand at my grave and weep
I'm not there, I do not sleep.
I am the essence of a clear blue sky.
I am the yearning to climb very high.
I am the breeze you feel as you spot.
I am the rapture of flying your slot.
I am the rustle of a canopy in flight.
I am the flicker of camp fire light.
When you pass through the door into open air,
I know you're smiling, I am the wind in your hair.
So do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

Thanks for sharing this with us. It's probably the most appropriate poem I have ever read.

I started thinking about the good times I spent with you and came to realize there are too many to share. You knew how to make people laugh, cry and get mad. Most of all you knew how to make people feel like they belonged!!!!!! No one was left out when you where around. People gravitated to your laughter and your spirit. You where a great friend to those who got to know you and will be missed by all. You helped me when I needed a job after I broke my femur. Not once did you ask for anything in return. I was great full!!!!! Thanks Brother

BSBD

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

oh my god I just found out tonight. I met Lee thru Bob, what a great person and a great friend to bob. I only jumped with him a few times on sweetie's whatever ways... just a great person. It was a priveiege to have met him.

I just don't get life right right now.

Brandy- I think we met only once if that. I am so sorry, so sorry. My heart goes out to you.

holy fuckin shit. Damn the last time we chatted it was about Ganja's death. Shrek, papachulo, Ganja, El Beechio, the list goes on and on.

I fucken swear I dont know that many friggen people. Not to mention they were all taken from us WAY before their time.

Shaggio " I am at a friggen loss" Rodriguez

Do not stand at my grave and weep
[unknown author]

I read that exact poem at the funeral of a fellow skydiver in Mobile, AL almost 11 years ago, after I had a canopy collision with him that resulted in his demise. There was not a dry eye in the room. Come to think of it, Kallend may have written it, or for some reason his name comes up when I think of it. I got it off of rec.skydiving, I believe. Or maybe he found it and posted it himself for some other lost skydiver.

It will be hard this Saturday, but Shrek would want us to come anyway and have fun. So fun we'll have, somehow.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My deepest condolances to Lee's family.

I must confess I never met him personally, but on more than a few occaisions, his words had an impact on me, and not just as a skydiver. You could tell he was a guy with bags of integrity and generosity.

His was one of the voices of reason here, and many a noob like me have been able to gain wisdom from his experience. It's wonderful to see so many people show so much love for another human being - it's one of the reasons I love being around you all.

Blue Skies, Skinnyshrek - you will be sorely missed.
T.I.N.S.

[unknown author]

I read that exact poem at the funeral of a fellow skydiver in Mobile, AL almost 11 years ago, after I had a canopy collision with him that resulted in his demise. There was not a dry eye in the room. Come to think of it, Kallend may have written it, or for some reason his name comes up when I think of it. I got it off of rec.skydiving,

You do me too much credit. Not mine, although I posted it when my teammate Debbie Luhmann died in a canopy collision in Oct. 2001.

here's a link to the history of the original version:

www.businessballs.com/donotstandatmygraveandweep.htm

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

[unknown author]

I read that exact poem at the funeral of a fellow skydiver in Mobile, AL almost 11 years ago... (cut)

I first heard this poem in 1996 after two friends died in the same week in separate accidents in separate locations. Both were very well known in our corner of the world and it rocked us to the core. But we gathered together as a group, we grieved, we cried, we remembered and we laughed as we remembered our friends and the impact they made in our lives. Although some of the group has moved on from skydiving, the experience made us tighter friends as a result.

We planted two trees at the drop zone that year in their memory. The trees are 25 feet tall now and doing well. Those of us who knew Mel and Dave make sure they are taken care of and they help us remember our absent friends eveytime we are on the Drop Zone.

My sincere condolences to Lee's Family and Friends. I did not have the pleasure of meeting him, but he certainly was one of those people who left a large wake behind him.

Eternal Blue Skies Lee.

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

Wow. I am stunned and heartbroken by this. Shrek was Shannon's perfect foil. Some of the conversations they had made me laugh so freakin' hard! After Shannon died, Shrek would call me a couple of times a week, just to shoot the shit. He would call me in the middle of the weekly poker game to tell me how much everyone sucked except for him. He was such a good friend to Shannon and I and I will truly miss him.

My heart goes out to his wife and those who were close to him. If anyone could send me a pm and let me know what happened, it would be greatly appreciated.

Blue skies forever, Lee!

Bob

I love every single person in that photo. I couldn't stand to lose any of you so just don't, ok?

I love everyone in that photo too, thanks for posting it Bob. It has extra special meaning to me, as that was the 1st weekend I met all you Roaming DZers. And my life has been so much better for it. What a wonderful group of people, I feel truly blessed.

As for Lee, I am still at a loss of what to say, nothing seems sufficient. Blue skies my friend. You will be sorely missed.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I want just one more jump with him.

Do you really think he would NOT be there

just say " Lee free beer and BOOBIES"

now Lee jumps and does not have to pack

can't you see

Lee doing video

Beezy doing tandum

Bob is the S&TA

and sadly on and on so many great folks gone to the big DZ

Preston swooping
59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Maybe gone, but never to be forgotten...

As I sit here drinking beer and thinking of Lee...several things come to mind...

Always cheerful, always a crack of noon (if yer lucky;) skydiver, always a friend to everyone, always something to say on those short bus rides, always room fer yer beer in his fridge, always a smile and big bear hug, always room for one more in his trailer, always honest to the point of brutality, always knew what you got, always a wiseass, always there...no more.

Gonna miss you big time bro. The Farm will never be the same without ya. As I sit under canopy drinking my beer - it'll be cheers to you.

See you on the other side - save some beer and boobies for me, will ya?

Peace & Blue Skies,
Love Ya Always Brother

CrazyLarry

Lee was a really serious guy when it came to his friends. I was just dicking around in his house today, drinking beer with Clay and Clint (and others) and found a stack of B.O.B. memorial stickers and patches. I also found some Beezy Shaw stuff. I just had a very funny thought of one thing that will DEFINITELY have to be on Lee's memorial stuff. Anyone who ever spent time in Lee's camper will know what I am talking about.:P