scaryshari

Scott Bell

Goodbye my friend. Your face and hugs will forever be missed. We sat together and watched a beautiful sunset yesterday and had you in our hearts.

Thank you for the smiles and the lucky hand-slap/butt bumps...we'll never forget you.

We are all hurting but find peace in having you in our lives.

-shari

is

I always enjoyed Scott's presence at the DZ. He was the hardest worker out there. He worked straight from sun up to sun down with a smile on his face and never complained. I admired him for that.

Scott, it will be very hard to get on the plane without you being there to high five and wish me a good jump. Your face will be missed.

Kimmy

damn this one hurts. You were always the first to greet me when walking up to the DZ. Always a huge smile, and the biggest bear hugs. You lit up the way in. You knew everyone by name that ever jumped at Spaceland. You took pride in this. You took pride in everything you did. You were seriously one of the hardest workers and as said above, that smile never left your face. This entire thing makes me sick at my tummy. I feel for you. I miss you. We all do.

blue skies, scott.

..oh yeah, and thanks for always being my tester to make sure I wasn't getting poisoned :P;)

[:/]

Scott had an exuberance about him, and about just being at the DZ, that was infectious. He wandered around to learn people's names, and always had a smile for people getting on the plane.

There's a hole there.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Scott was a great guy to work with. As previously stated he was a very hard working guy, who did alot of the behind the scenes work that people take for granted. He always had a great attitude in a sometimes very high stress work environment. I did not know him much as a person outside of work, but always genuinely liked him and respected him.

Scott,

Spaceland is not my home DZ, but I was passing through the area just last Sunday and made a couple of jumps there. You actually remembered my name from Skyfest '07. Very impressive. My visists to Spaceland won't be the same.

I'm so sorry:(

Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Damn. All I can say is thanks for looking out for my friend when she first got there, and for being one of her only true friends before she moved on. You meant a lot to her and I don't know if she ever told you, so I'll tell you now. You meant more to people than they may have let on. Fly Free brah!
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

I first ran in to Scott out in Eloy a few years ago. When my work took me to Houston, I started going down to Spaceland to jump, and there was Scott hollering my name, walked up to shake my hand, and asking a million questions about how I’ve been doing. He indeed was the hardest working person out there and was always checking off the manifest list against jumpers and making sure they were manifested correctly.

I have made a whole lot of hop-n-pops there when my allergies were at their worst. He was always making sure that I wasn’t being charged for going all the way up. When getting on the plane, he was always there by the ladder bumping knuckles with everyone getting on the plane, and then when the plane pulls away, he would race off to do something else the DZ required with a big smile on his face.

Last time I saw him was weekend before last with the big way camp, and he asked me before I headed home if I’d load one of the planes for him because he couldn’t do both at the same time. I got everyone on the plane, he ran by me with a smile and trotted off to help Steve Boyd do some work on the Caravan. That was the last time I saw my friend, and will always remember him that way.

Scott, thanks for taking the time out of your life to serve our country like you did for us with your service in the Navy, and thank you for making so many people feel welcome with you presence. I will not forget you my friend. BSBD, my brother!

Gump

Scott:

Thanks for the huge smiles and laughs. I'll always think of you when getting on a plane.

You asked me to load a plane for you so you could make a jump. I said "ok", but you were so busy that day you never did make the jump.

I'm sorry I was not there for you Wednesday. Fly free Scott.

Jim

Blue skies,

Jim

Scott and I sometimes joked with each other about having the same first name.

One of the last times I spoke with Scott, we sat in the loading area and talked of skydiving, I asked him about how he got intrested in it and where he learned.

Scott knew of the difficulties I am experiencing in learning to skydive and told me "as long as you have the desire, dont ever give up, keep at it", and as he got up to prepare for the next load, he walked past me and gave me a pat on the back.

The place wont be the same without you Scott, you will be missed:(

So, until we all meet again someday................

Scott,
You were my smoking buddy, always could count on a light and someone to shoot the shit with after jumping, Whether you were covered in grass from weed eating or hauling ass to get the next load sheet, You were always one of the nicest people to me, thanks for your kindness always and occasionally stalling the pilot for me while I got my shit together, Wish you weren't gone man,
blue skies brother,
-jake
It's all fun and games till the ground gets big!

Scott,

Your unwavering smile and constant good attitude never escapes my memory. You were impressive in your role at the DZ and you will never be forgotten. My new girl really liked you too and was deeply saddened having just met you 3 days earlier.God Bless You.

Oz
Motion = Emotion

I think it can be safely said that if you ever met Scott you were instantly his friend. Rarely do we get to know people that are as genuine and good natured as Scott, and Spaceland (or the World for that matter) will not be the same place without him.

I miss you, Bra... and hope you're checking off those names on the load sheet in Heaven right now.

Blue skies, my friend.

-Matt
CFI/CFII/MEI
Comm. ASEL/AMEL

Scott was such an awesome person and dear friend. You could always count on his smiling face greeting you as you prepared to board the otter! I gave him massages sometimes at the end of the day after he worked his butt off...and scott actually went to massage therapy school as well, so he gave awesome massages in return! He was such a kind soul and geniune person. Sittin by the pond havin a beer and listenin to music at the end of the day with felix wont be the same without you buddy!
Blue skies scott...Miss and love you lots!
-kari

I wish that I could have been there to comfort him, pray with him, and let him know that he was loved.

Pretty much ever Saturday morning as I get my gear from my car and walk to the hanger, Scott is the first person that I would see as he is cleaning up, pushing an airplane out, or filling the water coolers. We always spoke in the mornings and there were a lot of times I would kinda laugh as he would have a fresh shave but always with a cut on his face.....and dabs of leftover shaving cream that somehow never really mattered to him! He did it all at the DZ. Scott was the guy that cleaned bathrooms, fueled planes, cleaned up around the drop zone, pre-flighted airplanes, and loaded people. He did everything with a smile which says a lot - many employees at drop zones come and go but Scott who did the least of the jobs - the very least - always was on time and worked his ass off. Before every load he had his list of who was on the load and would be walking around checking off names. He knew everybody and spoke to everyone there with a smile even reaching out to the tandem students. He was always the last person I would see as I would get on the plane and he would always offer offer a slap and a fist pound without fail.

Scott, it was not the same without you this past weekend, and it will never be the same as I am climbing into the Otter. Your family mourns losing you. Eternal rest and peace buddy.

Blue skies
Better days

George D. III

I only knew Scott for a short time because I just arrived at Spaceland a few weeks ago but I am so very happy I got the chance to meet him and receive some of his great hugs that I will forever and ever cherish deep in my heart! He was always smiling and happy, a hard worker that never complained. He was very outgoing and always there to high five us as we got on the plane.
It just hasn't been the same around here without his smiley face. we will never forget you brother
fly free
Love ya,
Scooter
If God wanted man to stay on the ground.
He would of put roots on them instead of feet.
loving life
GO-N-UP

I first met Scott when I moved back from Central America and started jumping at Spaceland again. We worked the ramp filling all those thirsty airplanes for the TSR back in May. What a long hot day it was and not once did he ever complain. Fly free my friend, you will be missed. -Matt

You dont't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.......You can only decide how you're going to live........NOW.
-BASE 1605 Night BASE 227

Although I didn't get to meet and know Scott like the rest of you expressing your love and loss here, I wanted to say 'thank you' to Scott for serving our country and being the beautiful example of how to make this world a better place.

His home town paper wrote a little bit about him here: http://www.azle-news.com/news/get-news.asp?id=7984&catid=1&cpg=get-news.asp

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon