MakeItHappen

Rose Wagner

It is with great regret that I pass on the news that Rose Wagner has passed.
She died yesterday 10/31/07.

I just talked to Tim Wagner and he asked that some sort of announcement be made.

Now, Rose was not a jumper. I do not even know if she ever did a tandem jump.
Rose's skydiving legacy is primarily in her sons: Tim, Ted, and Chris. She has another son that never took to skydiving as the other 3 did.

Rose was known to the Golden Knights for many, many years. She made this awesome home-fried chicken that she brought to the DZ and served up to the Knights at almost every Nationals since the early 80s.

Rose was made an honorary GK in 1995.

Services will be in Texas, where she grew up.
Details to follow.

If you want to send a card or email, please email me at aerosoftware_AT_makeithappen.com _AT_ = @ to get the addresses.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Thank you MakeItHappen, that was a very thoughtful post.
Rose was my Grandma. She was a great woman and a huge fan of the sport. When my dad, Chris, started jumping in 1977 she refused to go watch him. Once he joined the Golden Knights, she finally succumbed and after that, she never wanted to leave the dropzone. She loved skydiving, and while she never did go herself, she supported my dad and his brothers in everything they did in the sport... although I don't know how she felt about her granddaughter jumping as well.
And boy, could she cook. You could always find her elbow-deep in flour saying how this was "the last time I'm frying all this chicken." Lucky for us, it never was the last time, not even close.

I love you and miss you grandma.

Laura

What horrible, sad news. A gentle soul who raised a wonderful skydiving family, and man, getting some of Rose's fried chicken at a Nationals or 300-way was one of life's true pleasures!

The entire U.S. Special Operations Command parachute team sends our deepest condolences. Kirk Knight, Keith Walter, Andy Serrano, and I offer our support in any way needed. We hope Chris is in town or able to get back to say good bye to his Mom.

Cris Fucci

Rose Wagner, the Ultimate Team Mom, was born July 18, 1938 in Iraan, TX, the daughter of David H. Mitchell, Jr., and Sarah O. (Russell) Mitchell. She grew up in Denver City, TX, where she graduated high school in 1956. Roy came to town that that summer on a summer job before his senior year in college, and that is when they met. Rose attended Mary Hardin Baylor College in Belton, TX, for a year while Roy finished his senior year at the University of Missouri. After graduation, Roy took a job in Lubbock, TX, and Rose married him there on August 29, 1957.

Rose and Roy had four children, all boys, including identical twins, Chris, Ted and Tim and Kyle.

Chris started skydiving in 1976 and Rose was a reluctant mother of a skydiver. After Chris made the Golden Knights team she fully supported her son, Chris. Ted and Tim soon followed Chris onto skydiving, and Tim also became Golden Knight. (Ted wasn't eligible for the Knights because he was an officer in the 82nd Airborne.)

Rose became the 'Ultimate Team Mom' by being there and also providing delicious home-made fixin's for the entire team. Rose was especially known for her wonderful deep-fried chicken. Word of this could not be kept secret and many other jumpers, beyond the Golden Knights, also feasted on her delicious food. She once fried the chicken at home, put it in a suitcase, got on a Southwest Airline flight, and took it to where the team was performing.

The Golden Knights recognized her contributions by making her an honorary Golden Knight at their annual banquet in 1995.

After the Golden Knights, her favorite team was Deguello, although Airspeed was a close third. Her favorite skydivers included all those who were jumping at the old Spaceland in League City, TX, in the mid- to late-1980s.

Rose brought her culinary talents to the Go-Fast 300-way in Eloy, AZ for the entire Blue sector.

Rose also fed the judges at US Nationals, where her sons, Chris, Ted and Tim, were judges. Rose and Roy moved to Arizona in 2002, so they could be closer to Ted and Tim. They both continued to support US Nationals.

Rose Wagner, The Ultimate Team Mom, was known far and wide in the skydiving world.

Rose is survived by her husband, Roy, of 50 years, her four sons and their wives Chris and Mary, Ted and Pam, Tim and Amy, Kyle and Tracie and her grandchildren David, 21, Laura,19, Ryan, 5, Reagan, 3, and Riley, 3. David and Laura are also skydivers.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

My heartfelt condolences go out to the entire Wagner family. Rose was one of the most kindest and warm hearted person I have ever met in my skydiving life. She was the best DZ Mom and very supportive of the sport but most importantly supportive of her family. I'm sure God has made a special place for her.

Calen C. Chrzan
Skydive Dallas

And boy, could she cook. You could always find her elbow-deep in flour saying how this was "the last time I'm frying all this chicken." Lucky for us, it never was the last time, not even close.

What a wonderful and funny image!

My condolences for your loss...she sounded like quite a lady!

I'd like to thank all the skydiving community who let us know how much mom meant to them. I may have only 6 jumps (2 tandem and 4 AFF) but I helped mom pack fried chicken, brisket, and all the fixin's for boogies at Spaceland more times than I can remember.

Again, thanks for all the kind words and heart-felt sympathies we have received from our loss.

Kyle

Oh, the calories I consumed from the pots and pans of Mamma Waz!

As a Spaceland jumper circa 1987, I have many very fond memories of Rose. The Wagner boys can stand tall having a Mom like her.

God's speed, Rose. You did a fine job with your sons - a legacy to be proud of, for sure.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX