sangiro

Eric (Tonto) Stephenson - Goodbye my friend

Hey Bev.

I can still remember my first time out the plane with you on one side and Tonto on the other like it was yesterday and that wide cheesy grin you described, it was one of the most memorable moments of my life. You both opened the door to a new world for me.

Tonto, shot! it was an honor to be taught by and jump with you and I am so going to miss your calming reassuring influence whether it be walking to the plane or leaping out that door. May your influence on our lives live on.

Brownlee

BSBD - always was real and decent here, I wish I could have met him

He gave the same vibe in person.
I had the pleasure of meeting him in Eloy years ago. I liked him from the first hello.
He was just a cool/Nice guy.

Peace Brother fly free.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

It just won't sink in that he's gone.

It's the little things that tell you the most about a person. When he, Marais and Bernard came to KZN to do our wingsuit course last year, it was freezing, and there was a tiny foreign girl doing a tandem. Without even thinking he took off his gloves and gave them to her.

That same weekend I did one of my all time favourite skydives with him. It was my 4th wingsuit jump, and there were a couple of us on the load. I was flying base, and he flew up next to me, and with that big Tonto grin on his face kept on edging up the pace without me realising it. We flew sub 60 on that jump, and it made my weekend. And I think he was more excited than I was.

That was the thing with t....he was always so incredibly bubbly when someone got something that he was sharing with them.

Tonto, you will be missed. I look through my Eloy pics often lately and always have to smile at the ones of you and Taya. I will miss reading your post and keeping up with you.

Blue skies....this sucks
Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

This sucks... I remember him telling me to get my required jumps so that he can teach me how to fly the wingsuit that has been gathering dust in my cubboard since I've bought it!
Should've gotten those jumps faster mate!

cu in the wild blue yonder.......
All my sympathy to Taya and the little ones.....:-(

I just came across an email I got from Tonto a few months back....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 12 April 2007 05:00
To: Tamsyn Souchon
Subject: Re: Injuries suck

At the root of it all..

This is a dangerous game. People die all the time. People break all the time.
We all have dead friends, and we all have broken friends. Sometimes its just your
turn.

Luck counts.

Keep teaching safety. Learn what you can. Take your chances. There are no garentees
in this life.

Now smile.

Blue Skies,

t

I just came across an email I got from Tonto a few months back....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 12 April 2007 05:00
To: Tamsyn Souchon
Subject: Re: Injuries suck

At the root of it all..

This is a dangerous game. People die all the time. People break all the time.
We all have dead friends, and we all have broken friends. Sometimes its just your
turn.

Luck counts.

Keep teaching safety. Learn what you can. Take your chances. There are no garentees
in this life.

Now smile.

Blue Skies,

t

:)

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

Tonto will forever remain in all our hearts and minds. He was an inspiration to us, and often in his quiet way, he made us question ourselves and alter our decisions for a better outcome.
Tonto was one of the major reasons for me returning to skydiving after Clydes accident. He gave us his full support and was a friend, mentor, sounding post when needed.
I always knew when I was at the DZ, that if I needed some advice, I would get an objective opinion from Tonto. If the weather was dodgy, I would look to see where Tonto was ? If he was huddled in a corner with Taya :)
Much love to Taya, the girls and his family, he will be sorely missed.

Clyde + Linda

t,

many, many thanks for spreading safety on here. there are many people who have probably kept from hurting themselves because of your posts.

lots of love to all who are hurting

fly free forever t

--
Be careful giving advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it.