sangiro

Eric (Tonto) Stephenson - Goodbye my friend

Folks - this breaks my heart... :(

Eric (Tonto) Stephenson died earlier to day from multiple trauma injuries after a swooping incident at JSC. Tonto was moderator on Dropzone.com and a good friend. I don't have words at this time. He'll be missed on so many levels.

Thank you! Thanks Tonto. Good bye my friend.

To his family, friends and especially Taya, my thoughts and prayers.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Blue Skies my brother in the sky. I thank you for your kind words and the advice you gave me as I started out in this wonderful sport. Your knowledge and advice will be truly missed.

I can't type any more, my eyes are tearing up.

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!

Oh dammit.....this breaks my heart also.
I didnt know Eric in person but he and I have shared many pms and emails over the years.
I would have never thought this would happen to him.
Go easy brother.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

always makes the heart skip a little when you see a new incident....
damnit...

"...For once you have tasted flight, you will walk the
earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you
have been and there you long to return..."
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Fly free forever :(

HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

This Tonto?!?!?! [:/]

This I can't believe...:( I didn't know Eric personally, but by reading a lot of his posts on here I could tell he was a great guy. He was full of information and always willing to share and teach others. He seemed so safety conscious it wasn't funny; I can't believe this happened to him. :( He will be missed by a multitude of people; my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Blue Skies Tonto....fly free :(
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Tonto was one of my AFF instructors - I was a very nervous student and he had a massive calming influence on me. I wanted to do more jumps with him as a student but he refused saying that I did not need him there and I would be wasting my money.

A great guy who I kept in contact with from the UK, especially if I needed advice from a trusted mentor, and someone I loved catching up with when visiting South Africa

RIP mate

Mick Smith

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

Blue Skies, Black Death Tonto. I don't think I ever met you in person, but you will be missed here I know that. I know you will be missed dearly by those that knew you well.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Wow. First Beezy, now Tonto. This has not been a good weekend.

While I never had the pleasure of meeting Eric face to face, I spoke with him often about canopy flight. Always eager to learn, and seemingly on the right path, I'm at a loss over this. I'm going to miss our chats.

Fly free my friend.

Eternal swoops,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Wow, such a sad weekend, never met him but we talked parenting in regards to being a skydiver often enough to where I admired him. He displayed integrity as a man, and a father and that all to often is lost these days.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

my goodness. this is so sad. he was an awesome guy. i met him in eloy in 2004 and he was so sweet.

taya, i love you sister... my thoughts and prayers are with you sweetie.

tonto, fly free with the angels... see you when i get there man.[:/]

*edited to add a pic i took of tonto and taya in eloy 04

Tonto has touched numerous people via the forums both in his chats and his advice he offered so freely. He has helped many people out with canopy questions and proved he was humble enough to seek out advice to further himself too.

I always laugh when you would post you just were not sure you were committed enough to the sport get a skydiving tattoo yet you've been jumping for years and had over 4000 jumps.

You also recently showed me another side when you told us about the child you and Taya have been helping in South Africa. You have touched that childs life more then you have touched anyone out side of your familys probally.

Thank you for all the help you have provided to the skydiving community and Taya and your family are in my thoughts.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com