CSpenceFLY

Goodbye Beezy

Beezy's birthday is today as a matter of fact (August 5). I think that we spent at least 50 of his 57 birthdays together. As many people may recall (or not), it was celebrated at the WFFC in Quincy.

His birthday in 1955 was most memorable to me, at the Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park in Chattanooga. He had just gotten a new wristwatch for his 5th birthday and it got wet and quit working when we rode down the Boat Chute at Lake Winnie

http://www.lakewinnie.com/LWwebA/btcht.htm

Happy Birthday Beezy

I can't believe it's already been a year since Beezy left us. I miss my friend and mentor. I miss celebrating his birthday at Quincy every year, and later Rantoul. I miss his stories, told the way only he could tell them.

I can still hear his voice in my head sometimes: big, loud, and oozing Southern charm. His great guffaw of a laugh. One year at the Mardi Gras boogie in Moss Point, I showed up at the DZ at two in the morning. As soon as I walked up to the bonfire, Beezy yelled my name in that distinctive voice. I instantly knew that the weekend would be unforgettable. The pictures are still hidden in a safe deposit box.

In my skydiving dreams, Beezy and Chris Martin are my wingmen. Blue skies, my brother...

For those interested - Beezy is now memorialized on Skydive The Farm's new billboard on 278. Hans has the picture if you're interested.

BSBD.
Ian

Awesome! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Skydive the Farm is proud and honored to be hosting "SPIRIT IN THE SKY" Beezy Boogie this spring. Registration and donations will go to his youngest daughter Elsie's college fund. We will honor the man the way he would have wanted a BOOGIE! This promises to be a wonderful and exciting weekend filled with BIG WAYS, FREE FLYING, and much, much more!! For those of us who were not around Skydiving in the 70's there is an attached photo. TRAVOLTA had NOTHING on Beezy! So look for the announcement in the events and get ready to BOOGIE!

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

It has been 7 long years ago that the world lost the spirit of my dearest childhood friend, college roommate, fraternity brother, first jump buddy, 10 way speed star member, fellow pilot, test jumper, and only son of my godfather.

Beezy never met a stranger, and the world is a more challenging place without his fun-loving and adventurous presence.

R.I.P. my friend