scates

Eternal 10-Way: Phil Kibler

I'm so sad about this tragedy and I hope this helps... -Scott

Connect yourself with others and share your thoughts here.

Help others get important information and coordinate your efforts.

Find old friends and make new ones.

Grieve. Share. Love. Heal.

Celebrate our beloved friend's life.

Phil was our pilot during the summer of '06. He was always helpful around the dz, joined in every activity, smiled (even when he was sunburned from flying), and had a particular way of making me smile. He and David Landeck (another dear friend I've lost too soon) had an ongoing battle over a dirty sponge that Phil used to wash dishes in the apartment in our dz hangar. David thought it was nasty and couldn't believe that Phil would use it on his dishes. I finally had to donate a brand new sponge to stifle the fued.

I truly love those guys.

Phil rode front of David for his first tandem that summer...

Phil also took me up for a plane ride to test my ears out after I had surgery to correct otosclerosis. He cared so much that he kept looking over at me to see if I was feeling okay...

Thanks for the memories and the smiles, Phil... fly free
Once you visit Skydive Lost Prairie
Your heart will never leave.

Boogie with us... www.skydivelostprairie.com

I'll remember Phil, always happy. This summer during the L.P. boogie I took the 207 to cabin creek for it's 100hr, Phil was the one who picked me up and drve us back to L.P. I was supposed to jump with him when he did another tandem this year and I am so sorry that I missed it. Phil and the Snohomish skydivers took my son out to the rope swing at the lake several times and made me a cool DVD. I will always treasure that DVD.
Blue Skies Phil,
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

We attended the memorial today, it was beautiful. And I was fortunate enough to meet Phil's parents. Also, vividly beautiful people. It's no wonder Phil was the man he was. This mom said some wonderful words. The most important was to remember that "They did not die doing what they loved, they LIVED doing what they loved."

Cheers to that, Nancy. Let's go live our lives and see their joyous spirits in all we do with vibrance!
Once you visit Skydive Lost Prairie
Your heart will never leave.

Boogie with us... www.skydivelostprairie.com

Been missing your smile a lot lately.

I'm so glad that I got to learn something about flyfishing from you. I still remember one day when you caught about your 8th fish of the day (after I had caught 1). You yelled at me that you had caught another one and then pulled up hard on your fly rod, so hard that you pulled that little tiny rainbow trout right out of the water and smacked it down on the rocks behind you. I teased you that you had done that just to mock me and my lack of fishing abilities.

We fished for hours in the pouring rain and you never stopped smiling.:)

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham