diverdriver

Martin Spicer

Martin, the best friend to skydiving that most skydivers will never know about.

Martin helped build Skydiving Chicago by donating use of heavy construction equipment to build the fantastic facility that people enjoy today. He was not a skydiver (don't know if he ever made a jump) but he was an avid pilot who hangared his plane at SDC. He was a delight to know and always positive even when diagnosed with cancer years ago. He fought long and hard but it finally took him.

Martin you will be missed and we all owe you thanks. Fly West Martin. We'll meet up later.

CAVU.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Martin, the best friend to skydiving that most skydivers will never know about.

Martin helped build Skydiving Chicago by donating use of heavy construction equipment to build the fantastic facility that people enjoy today. He was not a skydiver (don't know if he ever made a jump) but he was an avid pilot who hangared his plane at SDC. He was a delight to know and always positive even when diagnosed with cancer years ago. He fought long and hard but it finally took him.

Martin you will be missed and we all owe you thanks. Fly West Matin. We'll meet up later.

CAVU.

Fly free Martin... [:/] I'm sure your friends at SDC, will remember you. Cancer is a terrible illness, but, it can be defeated. B|;)

Yves.

Martin flew me and my red wonderdog My-sha from Skydive Chicago to Quincy after the 300-ways. What a great guy, am sure he will be missed.

blue skies and thanks again for the ride, Martin.
peaceout, jeanie
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

Thank you for posting this tribute, Chris - Martin was truly a great man and a wonderful friend. I believe that one of the tests to determine true friendship is whether people will think of you on a daily basis when you pass away, and Martin will certainly be remembered by a great number of people every single day.

Rook agreed without hesitation to do a flyover at Martin's funeral, and the sight of the Otter flying over low and slow, landing lights on, brought tears to everyone's eyes - a fitting tribute to a great man. Here is what Kent Terry wrote in a newsletter of the Marseilles Rotary club in a tribute to Martin : " At the cemetery just prior to Pastor Tom's word people stood outside of the tent and looked skyward. From the southwest came a twin-engine plane at treetop level as a flyover in memory of Martin. I guess our lives are like that. We come into view, are right there and then all too quickly it sometimes seems we are gone over the horizon. I am so glad that Martin landed with us. "

Beautiful words, and very true.

Peter Haley.