skyflychris

Washington tragedy

When I woke up this morning I heard the terrible news on CNN of the tragic accident in Washington. One can only hope maybe some got out. My heart goes out to the families and friends of those who have now gone to the blue sky, they are free.
Ordinary's..... just not good enough today.

Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,
May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.
~Author Unknown

I send my heartfelt condolences to the grieving families.
I also extend my deepest sympathy to all friends in the skydiving community.

AirAnn

(I transfered my Bonfire post)

~AirAnn~

my condolences to all families and friends of those involved in this terrible accident :(

some of the names have been released already and it's on the news.

blue skies forever

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

They're all in the news now. I just hope that the media can respect the privacy of their loved ones; I suspect it'll be tough since this has made national news. [:/]

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Since the names were released...

Blue skies, buddies. :( Thanks for the birthday jump Bryan; Casey thanks for 'testing' my new gear way back when, glad you liked it. [:/]

Edit to add: Bryan is providing some 'acceleration' for us...thanks again for, what remains, the best jump I'd ever had. ;):(

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

A series of songs came on the radio today and made me think of each one of my friends lost on N203 Echo last year. It was July 29th, 2006 to be exact and we are all still dealing with the loss. The biggest thing that helped me get through initially was having my skydiving family of friends close by. It is a traumatic event for those who are experiencing it. All I can say is don't be afraid to reach out. There are plenty of us who can relate to your pain and we are a year and a half ahead of you on the grief time scale. Many of us have sought out therapy and/or meds to help.

I don't know if they will or have televised the crash sight and I don't know whether or not seeing ours was beneficial to me or not. It is a memory I can never erase from my mind and although it satisfied my curiosity and need for closure, it also left a vivid memory in my mind I could probably live without.

My sincere condolences go out to the families and friends of the deceased. Use your inner strength and the comradery of your loved ones to help see you through.

My deep and heavy thoughts are with you. BSBD
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

Our prayers are with those we have lost and there family's'

our thanks go to those who searched,found and stayed with those brothers and sisters we have lost , it was cold and wet but you searched and then stayed with them through the night till they could be brought home..again thanks

BSBD

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Dear God please keep us safe on this flight,
so we may live another day by your example;
Please take care of my fallen brothers,
and give them wings so they may fly free forever.
--- and give them wings so they may fly free forever

DiverDriver in Training

Which DZ was the Caravan flying out of?

The plane may have been owned by the Farrington's out of Kapowsin, but it is my understanding that it was leased by Snohomish and the fateful flight originated out of Star Idaho on it's way carrying Snohomish jumpers backs to Shelton Washington.

Bryan Jones is the only one I knew from the flight. I competed against him during the 2006 CPC season and he will be missed. While others knew Bryan much better than I will ever know him, I will remember him as a friendly, yet competitive fellow who always wanted to do better. I will never forget the brotherhood of competition I witnessed that season when Bryan, Tom, Smiley, Kelly, Stu and Brad all gave each other shit with their trash talking. But there was never any doubt that they would always be there to lend a hand of support when needed for each other and Bryan often lead the way in this regard.

This is truly a sad day. My heart goes out to all at Snohomish for losing so many young people with bright futures. Fly free my friends and I will hopefully see you on the other side one day.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I believe the only business relationship was between Kapowsin and Skydive Idaho even though all of the jumpers on board (particularly the several who were newly-licensed) called Snohomish home.

Though I haven't jumped there much recently, Snohomish is where I got licensed and where I grew up as a skydiver. The whole Washington skydive community is feeling this very deeply as we all have some (or many) ties to this incident.

I'll always have warm memories of the three I knew on that plane. Cecil was always there with a bright smile; though we didn't know each other all that well, I will remember that positive light from him.

Casey was a bright light in a different way - he never met a fire he didn't want to make bigger; any guy that builds a firepit in his suburban back yard clearly has a bit of pyro in him. The Craig family is such a part of the Seattle area skydiving community ... my heart goes out to his brother Kelly and sister-in-law Pennie (both jumpers) and the rest of the family, who are extended skydiving family all.

And Bryan ... I never quite figured Bryan out but it was always fun trying. He could be curmudgeonly at times (a grumpy old man even at his young age) but underneath it all there was always a big heart in that big body.

Sigh.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Thanks, karen. I love that man! So many smiles, and always the absolute BEST attitude.

Next time you visit lost prairie, know that the "new" white door on the south side of our hangar was put there by Phil.

hugs Phil!
Once you visit Skydive Lost Prairie
Your heart will never leave.

Boogie with us... www.skydivelostprairie.com

I met Michelle last Christmas in Eloy. We emailed back and forth a bit while she was still living in Idaho, talking about plans for Lost Prairie. She would send me sweet and funny messages from time to time. I could go on and on.

Rest in peace Mitchy, and to everyone else we lost this weekend.

Thanks, karen. I love that man! So many smiles, and always the absolute BEST attitude.

Phil was definitely my all time favorite jump pilot.

I had a whole lot of fun with him this summer.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

And Bryan ... I never quite figured Bryan out but it was always fun trying. He could be curmudgeonly at times (a grumpy old man even at his young age) but underneath it all there was always a big heart in that big body.

I used to like to try to make mister grumpy-pants smile. :ph34r: And it was really freaking me out last night but I could swear I kept seeing him at Casey's house through the window while I was outside on the deck. I remember, for the breadth of a second, thinking, "There's Bryan! Time for hug!' "

My brain wouldn't let it go; I just kept thinking that same thought over and over every time whomever looked like Bryan (from the back) would come into view through the kitchen window. I didn't know who it was, and I kind of didn't want to, either. It almost felt like he was there, and I didn't want that feeling to go away. :(

Sorry I missed you. I slipped out just before 9.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.