skydvrblonde

Goodbye Rob Rogers, I love you.

Dear Friends,

Lost Prairie weeps tonight as we learn of another family member who has passed. Our beloved brother, Rob Rogers (who I had the fortune of riding as his certifying tandem passenger twice, skinny dipped in a local pond with, and so much more) passed away this past week.

I do not have many details, but know he was not skydiving at the time. He had injured his knees several years back and had not jumped much in the past few. He has been living in New Mexico near his son.

Please post happy memories of Rob. Pictures are great. If I can find the one of him, Fred, and I after a frozen MacGregor Lake jump from 2003, I'll be sure to post it.

He, and David Landeck, were my two true brothers in this sport. They are the two whose memories fill my first summer of jumping. This has been a sad year.

Stay safe friends, Rob, hug David and Joel for me. (and Mack, Monty, Tommy, and Jean-Guy, too).

Love, Lena
Once you visit Skydive Lost Prairie
Your heart will never leave.

Boogie with us... www.skydivelostprairie.com

Rob was always so fun to be around. He was so full of energy.

I’ve had a lot of great times with Rob. Too many to recall.

However, there is one great jump that I’ll never forget. It happened one year at the Lost Prairie Boogie. Rob and I both made our first jumps at Lost Prairie yet, this LP boogie was definitely not our first. Nonetheless, this boogie was special. It was the first time in a long time that there was a DC-3 at Lost Prairie. Not only that, the Golden Knights were there too. Add to all that, Rob and I were drawn for the Lang demo. You guessed it, we jumped into Lang from the DC-3 on a speed-star with the Golden Knights. As we were dirt-diving the whole thing, Rob and I joked about which one of us was going to take-out one of the Golden Knights. Well, to make a long story short. Rob was the last one in, and as gracefully as Rob could be, he came in right over the back of the biggest guy. With fear and embarrassment on his face, he fought the burble for a second and then funneled the whole thing. Everyone landed in safely and the Golden Knights were more than happy to pose for pictures reenacting the jump with Rob laying across the back of his Golden Knight victim.

Here’s to Rob!

Thanks for the excellent Rob story and the beautiful picture of Rob and Scotty.

Here's a great picture of Rob, Fred and I that I referred to earlier.

So much love. dear Lord let there be peace for him beyond this life.

xoxo.

as posted at http://www.news-bulletin.com/obits/default.html

Robert M. Rogers
1973-2007

Robert M. Rogers, age 34, a resident of Los Chavez, and formerly of Helena, Mon.,, passed away at his home on Tuesday, Sept. 18. He was a member of the Calvary Chapel Rio Grande Valley in Belen, a third generation Union Iron Worker and a member of the USPA.

Robert loved sky diving and was a tandem instructor. Although sky diving was his passion, he also enjoyed mountain climbing and especially loved riding bikes with his son, Scott. He loved children of all ages and had many friends who loved him. Robert was dedicated to help bring young adults to the Lord. The most important thing Robert loved was spending time with his son, Scott, age 6, and his brother, Bryce Rogers, age 29, of Sand Point, Alaska. He also wrote beautiful poetry, which touched the souls of those he wrote it for.

Robert is survived by his son, Robert Scott Rogers; his father, Robert Rogers and his wife, Celeste, of Helena, Mont.; his mother, Susan Williams and her husband, Dan, of Sand Point, Alaska; one brother, Bryce Rogers also of Sand Point, Alaska; one sister, Teresa Royer and her husband, Mark, two nieces, Jada and Makeya, and one nephew, Roystan Royer, all of Katzebue, Alaska.

Cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be held on Sunday, Sept. 23, at the home of Eddie and Linda Bunch. His remains will then be taken by his father, Robert Rogers back to his family home in Helena, Mont.

Sign Robert's online register book at www.romerofuneralhomenm.com. Romero Funeral Home, 609 N. Main St., Belen.

Rob,

You'll be dearly missed. I remember shortly after arriving in Montana in 1997 I got an e-mail from Fred. He was going to be doing tandems in Helena, which was much closer to Great Falls than Kalispell was. I headed out there and we jumped all day landing on the blue tarp on one edge of the airport. That was the day that I met Rob. It was a great day ended at a great bar.

Here's to Rob.
Packin' Jack
42nd Lost Prairie: The Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe, and Skydiving
25 Jul - 3 Aug 2009
2007 photos: http://www.skydive.com/prairie/pages/prairie.htm

I have some good memories of Rob, the last L.P.boogie he attended was alot of fun. A gal freind of mine licked his nipples and he was instantly in love!!!
Lena, can you let us know what happened?
another great loss to our community.
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

I can't say for certain, guys, sorry. I wish I could. All I know is that he passed on the 18th and that he was having a tough time emotionally those days. I do not believe it to be suicide, but honestly do not know. I just try to bring myself peace by telling myself that he hurts and worries no more, and hopefully he can watch over his son without court interference now.

Although it sometimes gives us understanding to know the "how," let's just love his memory and be glad for the time we had with him. All he ever wanted was love. He surely had mine.

blue...

His Obituary from Helena, MT.

Rob M. Rogers
Rob M. Rogers, 34 years old, went to be with the Lord on Sept. 18, 2007. Born on July 11, 1973, in Helena, Rob lived most of his life in Montana, but had been living in Belen, N.M., for the last two and a half years to be close to his son, Robert "Scott" Rogers.

Rob graduated from Capital High in 1991, and followed in his dad's and gramp's footsteps becoming a well respected journeyman ironworker. He was full of natural talent and was exceptional at whatever he chose to do. Rob was also known for his gentle and generous spirit and love for extreme sports, especially skydiving. Rob moved from a novice skydiver to a tandem instructor at Skydive Lost Prairie near Kalispell. There was nowhere else in the world Rob would rather be than at "The Prairie," where he was fortunate to make several life long friends. His son, Scott, accompanied him to Lost Prairie from the time he was an infant and could recognize his daddy in the air. Rob valued his family and the sense of connection he had with them. He was especially proud to be Scott's dad and an ironworker like his dad and gramp.

In his short life, Rob suffered severely for over a decade from the incurable diseases of alcoholism and depression despite many attempts to overcome the torment. He genuinely loved the Lord, his son, mom, dad, and other family and friends, but the grip and destruction of alcoholism overwhelmed him in the end.

Rob is survived by his 6-year-old son, Scott, in Los Lunas, N.M.; his dad, Rob C. Rogers, and his wife, Celeste, of Helena; his mom, Susan Williams, and her husband, Dan, of Sand Point, Alaska; sister, Teresa Royer, and her husband, Mark, and children, Jada, Makeya, and Roystan, of Kotzebue, Alaska; and his "most special" brother of whom he wrote poetry, Bryce Rogers, living in Sand Point; a grandmother, Yvonne Borgmann, also survives him along with many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

Cremation has taken place and a private memorial service will take place at a later date.

Express condolences at www.legacy.com/HelenaIR/.