patworks

Al Frsiby, Good bye

After several weeks of treatment, Al Frisby died this morning, Sunday, September 02, 2007, in the hospital from complications related to lukemia.

Al Frisby was a significant and respected member of our sport and loved by our community. When Al spoke of parachuting he was an oracle. God be with you, AL Frisby. Al, Thank you for sharing your life with us.
Al left a "Good by" message on You Tube, You Tube Message From Al
Pat Works
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

I missed Al by about two hours when I arrived at the hospital at 8:00 AM Sunday morning. The charge nurse, in hushed respectful tones, said, "I'm very sorry to tell you, he expired."

I was alone in the elevator when I started laughing. Al didn't expire. He checked out, flew the coop, moved back to Lake Elsinore, caught the last train to Clarksville. He lived his entire life on his own terms, and people like that never expire . . .

An unprompted gathering formed in the Ghetto that afternoon/night/morning. In addition to his other parting shots, the tornado, the squall, and the earthquake, the power went out and stayed out. So it was doubly fitting that candles burned all night long in the Ghetto.

C-ya, Al . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

He was one hell of a guy. He was my only rigger for 16 years. I didn't trust anyone else. He could be a pain in the butt but he knew his shit and then some. He will always be loved and respected by many.

Blue skies and black f**k'n death my friend.

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

While I didn't know Al well and in fact only got to meet him in May, I did get to eat lunch with him and Sparky. Me and Sparky sat down to eat and up walked Al, Sparky went to interduce me to him and I stood up and said, Al Frisby and interduced myself, I already knew who it as from old photos, it was a great lunch and I enjoyed getting to visit with him and share a few cold ones at the pool side bar later that evening.

Thanks Al for your short friendship, see ya on the other side, just be sure have a cold :D ready.

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

We had a great turnout for Al's ash dive yesterday.

What was really special was that after a full week of rain, and forecasts for continued rain, we had totally blue skies at the pre-arranged time.

Someone up there wanted to be sure Al got the send off he deserved.

Take More Chances!

BSBD.

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

Take More Chances . . .

After several weeks of treatment, Al Frisby died this morning, Sunday, September 02, 2007, in the hospital from complications related to lukemia.

Al Frisby was a significant and respected member of our sport and loved by our community. When Al spoke of parachuting he was an oracle. God be with you, AL Frisby. Al, Thank you for sharing your life with us.
Al left a "Good by" message on You Tube, You Tube Message From Al
Pat Works

www.SkydiveLostPrairie.com