AirZoneXtreme

Remembering Jerry Loftis

Jerry blazed off this earth like a bright, shining fire and energy that could not be contained.

August 14th, 1998 was a day of passionate emotion on all who experienced the impact of Jerry's passing. It was the loss of a great friend, husband, father and a future that will not be. Jerry's legacy is fully loaded with kindness and enthusiasm. A piece of his great personality exists in the form of his two little girls who are growing up each day. We hope they blossom with happiness.

Blue Skies Forever,

Larry, Annie, Olivia, Rosalyn & Luke
"A family who loved Jerry like family."

How freaking ironic. Jerry has been so much on my mind this week. Not unusual for this time of year. but this year specifically, it hit me hard.

I still miss him. I still remember his hugs, his smiles, his big grin in freefall! His beautiful girls that used to hang with me in the store so Daddy could jump....

We burried Jerry in Modesto on my Birthday nine years ago. This year on the same day, I'll be celebrating the life of another lost friend. Strange.

I'm comforted in a way to hear that others are still thinking of Jerry. Remembering his spirit. Wow.

Blue Skies, Jerry. And to all of his friends and family.

Bonnie

Jerry's spirit lives on! He was the topic of some conversation this past week. He did some awesome flying, and educated other new skysurfers, he did crazy aerial stunts. He has become an urban legend among skysurfers. He is missed. Skysurf on brother! RIP

I spoke with Jerry for a while at the WFFC the day before he died. I showed him a homemade skyboard- he gave me some great advice. I got home from the WFFC and told some friends how nice Jerry was, and they told me the news. I hadn't heard and could not believe it. It seemed so weird that someone so friendly could be gone just that quickly.