stratostar

RIP Mom Stewart

I'am very sorry to have to say my best friends for the last few years have just lost their mom yesterday. Please keep the Stewart family in your thoughts and prayers as they deal with this huge loss to their family.

The skydiving community as a whole has lost one great supporter and friend in Jane "Mom" Stewart. Mom Stewart was a good friend to all her family & "sky children" and all around great person, whom I was blessed to call a friend. Our little corner of the skydiving world won't be the same with out you MOM, Go west ma, go west.......blue skies.:(:(:(:(:(:(
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Its a Sad Sad day!!
I've known Janie since my 1st jump at Waynesville. She was running the hot dog stand there "Mother Jumps"
A great person and longtime friend.
My heart and prayers go out to her family.
peace
brew:(:(

waving off is to tell people to get out of my landing area

No matter how hectic things were going she always had time for a hug. I will never for get her and the times we had.

Yep Larry, you got that right, she always had to stop and smile for my lens every year @ the boogie. I'm surprised more people don't seem to know who were talking about here.

If you ever jumped a early Sweethog theres a good change MOM built it or did all the sewing. If you ever attended a Richmond The Boogie, then you saw MOM doing what she did best running the show! Maybe these attacments will help some to remember her.[:/] In 30 some years of DZO'ing she and Dad have touched a lot of peoples lifes.:)

Goodnight, Janie. I know I made you laugh, and that makes me happy now. Smile at me and Chris from where you are now. Just don't drive that golf cart too far off the runway ... ;)
Wendy

Wendy
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used u

Blue Skies Mom Stewart...

I was one of her sky children, and I am very grateful for all that she and the whole Stewart family did for me and for the sport. Richmond will always be my home, and the Stewarts will always be my family.

As you go West Janie, I'll say my farewell... Thank you.

And to all the Stewart extended family, my heart is with you.

Karen
http://www.exitshot.com

She passed the day I left the country with no email access. I just returned home today to find this out.

I'll miss ya "mom". You were always there with a smile, even when in the middle of a crunch and you had a grimace from the pressure of a problem like keeping birds turning and instructors lined up for students... given the opportunity, that wonderful smile would come back as bright as ever, even if it were for a brief moment we knew that it was still there even if we couldnt see it. I cant think of many more people capable of that feat sincerely.

Go west.
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

Sorry you just found out, I can tell you this Roy, that was the most classy tribute I think I have ever been too, very fitting and a day full of remembering what a great person Janie was. There was even a victory roll done low and slow by the Stearman, right over top of the gaveside service and of course it was East to West!

There was a huge turn out Roy at sunset we all stopped to watch the day end and then raise a toast to "Mom". While it was a sad day and time, it was done up right and I'm sure she was smiling on us all.

There will be a chance for you and the other out of town friends who couldn't be here to pay your respects, done @ the boogie Saturday.

U have no idea about how much
Janiie will be missed
I have D4754
u have D28***
She saw us both get Those numbers
Have moved to ohio again
cause she invited me
to come live in apt #3
and help her with her flowers
Have stayed out of steves face
for a year now