GraficO

Blue Skies Wyat Drewes-Condolence Thread and Memorial Info

god wyat i cant believe your gone. you touched so many lives in and out of the sport. im so thankful we got to talk days before you left us.
i know this is only the begining for you. for us we must go on as you would have wanted. we will take all the knowledge and warmth youve passed on to us and share it with all. YOU made this sport safer for everyone, that is your legacy.
there is a void in the sport that will take a long time to fill. there is an empty place in our hearts right now that only the sharing of memory's of you can fill.
i love you. we all love you.
shred the cosmos with the style and grace that inspired an entire sport!!!!
until that day that i am called back home,
goodnight wyat.
with love
jeff
>

Damn man... You gave me so many canopy tips, and I will never forget my 100th jump that you organized, even if it did funnel and turn into a pile of shit, it was still a ton of fun and the video was nothing less than very interesting...

Let us never forget the skydance film festival footage of a certain night jump that ended in the ocean :D I have watched that and shown so many people that footage and it still remains one of my favorite skydiving related videos... Funny funny funny... :D:D

Blue skies... :(

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Jeff your words are beautiful... nothing can replace this loss. Wyat I saw you every weekend in San Diego... always so friendly and sincere.. a heart of gold. I looked forward to learning from you... in fact, I already have. Your legacy will live on in our hearts and minds. Much peace and love and blue skies! The journeys far from over...

Hey All,

As many of you know already, Wyat Drews of Icarus Canopies, Skydive San Diego and WyDi Productions, .... just to name a few, had a fatal motorcyle accident last Friday leaving Skydive San Diego.

Wyat's contributions to the sport of Skydiving are nothing short of awesome. He was a tremendous asset to the industry. He was a mentor to hundreds of young skydivers. He was a canopy coach to many, many more. He was a fierce competitor. He took a personal interest in each and every student that passed through his hands. He would never let you get away with a half assed hug. It was always a full contact, genuine sharing of energy.... good energy, hug.

Skydive San Diego and the entire Skydiving industry will certainly not be the same without him.

But the torch he carried burns bright. In all of the students he coached. In all of the friends he loved. Many of them with ratings of their own now. Many of them competitors. Many of them soon to be competitors. ....

Please come help us celebrate the life of Wyat Drews at Skydive San Diego on Monday, August 20th. Festivities begin around 6:00pm officially. But we'll be jumping and celebrating all day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

ah man... so glad we were able to hang out at Skyfest. thanks for the many years of friendship, canopy hook up, and helping celebrate Mariann's life - have fun playing with her again! I fly with you guys often in my meditations.

my condolences and love to Wyat's loved ones.

love forever,
Deva Serene

Wow....A friend and confidant has taken the last free fly adventure. Bro you will be missed and admonished forever. Your personal attention to those around you will always be remembered. We will miss your style and friendship. Wave at us as we fly past you.....

Steve and Dawn