Joelsmom

Joel Nicholas Atkinson

Happy Fourth of July to Joel's friends and family! I have a number of his log books and tonight reviewed July 4, 2004 when he made his 400th jump. Friend and colleague Lena made her 200th jump and there was a six-way to celebrate the event for both. Joel got pied with a garlic potatoe pie!
As the Lost Prairie 40th Boogie approaches, I'd like to invite each of you to join us and also to be at the Prairie on August 4 when we "Jump for Joel". There will be a celebration of life for Joel and his ashes will be flown, then dropped over the DZ he loved so very much. Blue Skies Forever, Son.
I love you so much! Joel's Mom
Dropzone observer since August 5, 1999 when my son Joel Atkinson first jumped at Lost Prairie for his 18th birthday.

Hope to see you out at the Prairie! I'll be there helping with registration July 30-August 5. Plan is for the Jump for Joel and flying/dropping of his ashes at 10 a.m. on his commemorative birthday August 4.

Please introduce yourself when you arrive. Joel's Mom Gail
Dropzone observer since August 5, 1999 when my son Joel Atkinson first jumped at Lost Prairie for his 18th birthday.

HI Shannon, CU August 4? We'll be doing the Jump for Joel at 10 a.m. that day and flying/dropping Joel's ashes. This would have been his 26th birthday and we will celebrate his life on that day as well. I'll stay for the evening events and listen to you sing! Sincerely, Joel's Mom Gail

This article just came through on my google alerts ... what a fantastic story that really captures what Lost Prairie is all about. http://www.dailyinterlake.com/articles/2007/08/06/news/news01.txt
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hi Shannon, thanks again for the lovely photos! They warmed my heart, and I shared them with my other son, Wade, (who spoke on men's choir night). He enjoyed receiving them and was also touched that you thought of us.
This is quite the journey, but as you and I discussed, loved ones around us count when blessings and tragedy count. Please know that as your LP friend I am there for you should either occur and you wish to share.
So good to meet you again at the Boogie. Please stay in touch and see you next summer.
Fondly, Joel's Mom

I have attached a pic that I took from my slot on Joel's last jump. The energy felt by all on the plane was explosive, as it was when he was finally released to freedom. Fly free Joel.
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

Hey girl, thanks for posting this. I did a copy and paste for my family in hopes they can look at it too. We'll see.

I sent the Interlake article/photos to you today. Pretty powerful writing; let me know what you think.

Off to sing in a choir with 100 voices tonight; very inspirational and we are singing for our small community (east and north of Kalispell, Col. Falls) which will be fun.

How was today for you? Fondly, Joel's Mom Gail

www.freefallpic.com