jose9878

Son DZ's Keith Yoakum

Keith's Apache was shot down in Iraq. Everyone who knew Keith knows he died doing what he loved. Among many other things he was a skydiver, aviator, husband & father. He was the inspiration that kept me going to the DZ every weekend & the one who took me flying until I too earned my own pilots license. I am extremely saddened by his loss, the world has lost another great aviator.

Condolences to his wife Kelly, the girls, twin brother Kevin & family.

I have Kelly & Kevin's contact info if anyone needs it...pm me.

http://www.paratrooper.net/commo/Topic238723-9-1.aspx

Blue Skies brother! Fly free!

MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AT THIS HORRIFIC TIME IN YOUR LIFE. TREASURE THOSE MEMORIES AND KNOW THAT KEITH DID WHAT HE DID TO HELP ALL OF US. GOD SPEED KEITH AND FAMILY....AND THANK YOU......YOU TRULY ARE AN INSPIRATION

I saw this when it happened and thought it might be the same Keith Yoakum. I think you and he started jumping there at Campbell about a year or so before I did (1988). He was a demonstrater/AI for my first jump course. I remember one time he checked off one of my pack jobs and I then had a minor malfunction and he was quite concerned about that. I recall there was a series of pictures in the club scrapbook of him jumping in his Class A's for his 101st jump. I hope someone saved that when the club shut down.

CDR
D-15996

BSBD. I didn't know him, however after reading about his passing.... I now understand the true meaning of the words "Hero", "Self Sacrifice", "Bravery" and "Honor". May he rest in peace knowing that we are eternally grateful for his selflessness. My condolences to his family and friends.
Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."