dear1

My dad, Steve Gremler

Glad to have somewhere to post this, I know my dad would have loved it.
My dad was an avid Skydiver in Utah, and a piolit for many years, over a decade. I love my memories of being there and watching every part of what went on there. I often brag about how lucky I was to experience such an unusual fun place.
He died going to a Chico Wyoming air show 11 years ago this month, along with a friend, when their plane crashed, and another amazing lady that was injured. All avid Skydivers, who loved this sport.
I miss my dad every day, but am so glad he was lucky enough to have died doing what he loved most, Flying, on the way to skydive. I now realise what an amazing thing it is to die not of disease but doing what you love, and as I have reciently seen, having people remember him so happy doing what he loved.
I am currently working on a bit of an unusual tribute, as I do every year. This year will be a free standing mobile like piece. Three layers, the first spining jump planes, under jumpers in freefall in formation, and last paritutes open, all will be able to spin independent from each other, and around the base may be mystanders waiting. This is for him, but also to honnor this sport that I too love.

very cool...I'm sure he's your guardian angel, always watching everything you do. He's always with you so long as you keep him in your memories.

My dad passed away this past December at his home, where he loved to be...in the mountains.

Your dad is proud of the kind soul you have become.

Take care,
Kaye

I am currently working on a bit of an unusual tribute, as I do every year. This year will be a free standing mobile like piece. Three layers, the first spining jump planes, under jumpers in freefall in formation, and last paritutes open, all will be able to spin independent from each other, and around the base may be mystanders waiting.

I'd love to see a photo of that when you finish it. Please consider posting one here for us to enjoy and appreciate. It sounds neat!

Thank you both so much, I know he is my guardian angel. There is a saying something like don't go faster than your angel can fly. Well I lucked out with him, obviously his experience helped since I am known for being all over, and people tell me all the time My guardian angel has to be fast, I think that's why.
SpecialKaye, I am so sorry for your loss, but glad you understand. I miss my dad everyday, but believe he is around and am so glad he was so happy before. I am glad your dad had the same, it's always sad to loose someone, but of all that can happen, I wish all people can be that lucky.
Thanks again.

He died going to a Chico Wyoming air show 11 years ago this month, along with a friend, when their plane crashed, and another amazing lady that was injured.

What is amazing is that after 11 years your heart and soul still remembers and feels. If I was a parent, I would certainly want a child like you. This was an amazing thread to read. I cannot wait to see the pictures.