pullhigh

PapaChulo Rodriguez

I (kinda) remember the night we were "fighting" over Chiquita at the Harvest Moon Boogie a few years back. :D

As big and strong as he was he coulda wiped the floor with me. B| Instead he made it almost look even to entertain the crowd a little. :P

"Pimp Daddy" was a great guy. :(

Last time I hung out with him we were at an Outback for another jumpers birthday. [:/]

I'll be damned if I can find any pictures of Jason in my extensive crap. Those that have them, please share with everyone. They always seem to help. Eternal blue 111 to you bro.

Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

I remember that boogie, Harvest Moon 2004. I had such a great time at that boogie.

Papaculo was such a great person. He always had a smile on his face, unless he was making a crazy face. And he was always fun to hang out with. South Carolina boogies will never be the same.

Here is a link to some pics of him:

Papaculo
Papaculo & Freak
Papaculo & Bolas
Papaculo & Endelbe

I have heard that people are having problems viewing the photos through the link. They are from my personal gallery here on dz.com in the Harvest Moon Boogie VIII folder. So yu can look there and I will upload them later when I get home from school.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

I can't believe another friend is gone. Jason was such a great guy. You couldn't help but have fun when he was around. I still can't believe that this is all true. I keep thinking that we'll see him next weekend.

This is a picture of Jason at our house a couple of months ago and another one at Outback. While going through all the pictures I have of him I noticed he's always surrounded by happy smiling people having fun. That was Jason.

Ganja I can't find the pic from PapaChulo's birthday at your house getting his 'Birthday spankings' with my bullwhip. They may be on Shag's PC in storage. If you have them please send or post.

He has a smile that you can't forget, but I already miss that I won't see it again in person.

It is heartbreaking.
There's Always Room for Jell-O!

Thanks for getting this posted Ganja.
My heart is hurting so bad over this.
Jason was one of those people who came off as a big tough guy, but he was a big teddy bear in disguise. I'll never forget how he stood in the hanger at St George, quietly watching me as I took the phone call from my family in IN telling me they needed me to come home cause dad had had a stroke. Jason quietly went to get me some kleenex, and delivered them with a big strong hug and words of encouragement. He totally understood the love that family has for each other, whether it was skydiving family or actual family.
Jason shared a love so strong for his own family..a love you don't often get to see these days between mother/son, father/son, brother/sister, and he wasn't shy about showing it. I never once saw his dad, Jay arrive or leave the DZ without a hug between the two of them...and the I love you's they exchanged when leaving weren't shyly mumbled, but spoken loud and clear, with great pride. The same pride and love was demonstrated when his brothers or sister were there too.
For Jay and Mary my heart brakes...one should never have to bury their child...For Kim, Shaun and Brian my heart brakes..I can't imagine losing one of my sisters and the void it would leave. I am so thankful that you all have been so giving and loving to each other, and that Jason left this world knowing he was loved by you all, as he was by all his skydiving family...and that you know he loved you with all his heart and soul. I hope that knowing this will help heal the hurt and give you comfort in the days ahead.

Fly Free Jason, and save some Icehouse for me!
Marie

in the RW pic, Jason is at about 10:00 in blue tie dye and appears to be making eye contact with his dad Jay in the base with red helmet..

I know what you mean Shaggio. Any time I think of the good times that were had especially at the DZ, you can be sure Jason was a part of it. Here is another pic that brings back some more of the memories.
Could it be that Jason is taunting Keith??? Naaaa..not Jason!!!

I met PapaChulo at the Rodriguez Brother Farm Invasion. Ganja and a boat load of brothers from South Carolina visited and reaked serious havok all weekend. I was an angel of course:):)

I always look forward to seeing my Brothers at boogies. Thanks Ganja for bringing him to the Farm. I'm saddened to think I'll never see him again....

I'll miss you PapaChulo. I'll miss your smile, your laugh and your silliness. Fly free forever my friend...

I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

Since BSA closed, the only time I really get to catch up with the old dz friends are at boogies. I saw the old BSA crowd, along with Jason and Erin at Dublin. We did a couple of jumps together on Sunday, hugged and departed, telling each other we'd see each other at the next boogie. With the Rodriguez Brothers Family Reunion coming up this weekend I thought about PapaChulo, how he loved the reunion and how good it would be to see him again. Chulo was always so glad to see his friends...so proud of the friendships and always looked foward to the next time we'd see each other.

Jason lived it on his terms...that you can't help but to admire.
You'll be missed brother....fly free.

marquis

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.

I can not express the sadness that I feel knowing that we have lost our brother. Jay, Mary, Shawn, and Brian, I am praying for God to comfort you in this time.

Jason had the most contagious smile. He was the kind of man that was always fun to be with. I will always remember him as a part of the Judice family, becuase that was what he stood for and believed in. Family.

I will miss you Jason...

Wally

Here are the arrangements as per Jay's post to the RB sight.

My brothers,
If I can get through this before my tears ruin my keyboard, I want to say that Mary and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the warm words and thoughts. And yes, even the "Fuck Papa Chula"'s. We know Jason touched many lives on the ground as well as in the air. We are having a "Celebration of Life", (because wakes SUCK) visitation at the Caughman - Harmon Funeral Home, 503 North Lake Drive in Lexington SC between 6:00pm and 9:00 pm Wednesday June the 6th. We hope you all can come. If you can, in lue of flowers, bring a copy of your favorite picture of you and him. Nothing fancy, a computer print out on regular paper is fine. Or maybe a video clip. Or at least some happy stories, (I'm the only basket case allowed.) If you can't make it, hoist one, or bumpy brothers, have a body shot to Jason at the boogie.

Jay,
It is so hard to respond to this message in a meaningful way, other than to agree with you and to add our own feelings to your heartfelt sentiments. It is truly a very sad day for all of us. May I extend my sympathy to you and your family.
Fly free Jason.
Gus Marinho

I was checking out the forum to reflect on another we lost and saw this thread. I may have briefly met him, not sure. Looks like I missed out on knowing someone great.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

Jason,

I miss you already--your smile, your great sense of humor, and your passion (for family, friends, skydiving, and most recently your new bike). I keep remembering the weekends at Blue Sky Adventures, the story of your tree landing, the video of the roman candle gone awry, the world freefall convention in 2003, a balloon jump that lasted a little too long (at least it seemed so from the basket), 10 way speed star, dinner with friends in Columbia, your cool purple jacket, hanging out in Dublin a few months ago, and being excited to see you briefly two Sundays ago. I send my love to Jay, Kim, the rest of the family, and Erin.

Big Hugs,
Nadia

I almost forgot. For those of you that can't make it to the visitation you can sign the registry, write a tribute, and even include a picture at the funeral home's website http://www.americanmemorials.com/fhwebs/caughman/index.htm Click on "Current Services" and Jason's name.

Also, here's a link to his obituary: http://www.realcities.com/mld/state/news/obituaries/17324507.htm

Thanks for the info Nadia. I just posted it on the RB site as well. See you tonight.
For those who can not attend you may want to post memorials and sign registry for the family at the above mentioned link.

Who is PapaChulo Rodriguez?
There's Always Room for Jell-O!