SkyjunkySean

Goodbye bro

We lost a really good friend monday. it still seems unreal. Dave was our own Ironman skydiver (250 + jumps since he started in jan.) He started his aff course the day I finished mine. We became instant friends. We flew a lot together. if the plane was in the air , Dave was on it, our manifesters never even asked if he ws going to be on the load they just put him on. Dude loved hot food. The spicier the better. My life is better for having known him & been his friend & the dropzone will be a different place without dave being the first one there in the morning? BSBD brother I'll see you on the other side.[:/] Sean

When Dave's mother was called immediately after the incident happened, one of the first things that she said was that she took comfort in knowing that he was doing what he loved. One of my nicknames for Dave was "the machine". Like Sean said, he was on every load and if there is a DZ on the other side, Dave has already gotten a few jumps in by now.

BSBD
~Melissa

Hey mel, when I spoke to his mom yesterday she asked me to tell everyone that she was very happy he had a "family " out here & that he seemed happier to be on the dz than anywhere he'd ever been. she said she was glad he had so many good friends. His dad offered the same sentiments & they were very grateful for the many calls they received.

In Loving Memory of David "Turn-Rig" Gilchrist...Rest in Peace. You will be forever missed and never forgotten. You had a way of making people smile, always easy going and loved this sport. You shared your time, heart and mind with us all, for that we are better people. My prayers are with the family and my faith is unwaivering that the Good Lord has a special place for us all to gather in the end, reunited!

Heres' to ya, brother...fly free forever!
O-kcsmm-aka-'tree
American Warchild

On Memorial Day, Monday, May 29th 2007, a tragic, fatal, accident took one of the most enthused parachutist Skydive Taft has known. David Gilchrist will always be known as the first person on every load whether it was an otter or a Cessna. His love for his new found sport had him at Skydive Taft every weekend as early as possible and ready to fly. We will be celebrating his life with an ash dive memorial in the upcoming weeks. An exact date has not been set yet as we are still waiting for feedback from his parents. If you wish to send cards or letters of condolences please feel free to mail them to his parents, Robert and Ruth Gilchrist. They are in their late 80’s and would appreciate your thoughts. Their address is as follows; 192 Pheasant Hollow dr.

Burr Ridge, IL 60527

Emails may be sent to his brother, John Gilchrist at [email protected].

We will keep everyone informed as to the date of his memorial.

Blue Skies,

Skydive Taft