Anvilbrother

Rip Dale McLemore

Dale was one cool cat who was game for any kind of jump with pretty much anyone. When I was pre-100 jumps, he and Clayton (as well as Mel and JJ) were great to learn to freefly with. For my 100th jump at Gold Coast in Moss Point, Dale, Clayton, Eduardo(his 300th), Shaun, and I did a sit train exit and had a great freefly jump. Dale and Clayton both had camera helmets. Dale was like a monkey in the sky!:D He was so comfortable there and always had a huge grin of enthusiasm. I have the video and will try to upload it if I can just to show the love for skydiving Dale had. Mel and JJ have some fun pics of Dale dressed up for the Freefly Festival costume party which are hilarious. If I recall, Dale might have been the one behind my "dirty" 100th pie full of condiments, eggs, and whatever was left in the frig.:D Dale had a way about him..just always made me laugh. I remember asking him to help me pack my brand new canopy and he told me to just shove it in the bag that it's designed to open.."relax, you'll be fine"..:ph34r:

Heartfelt condolences to Dale's family, friends, and Gold Coast Skydivers.

Damn Dale...Fly Free...Cya soon.
Love ya..miss ya...
Katee

Dale and I became very close this season in the CPC. He and I have shared the same struggles, were learning the tricks of the trade together and sharing anything we learned with each other to help the other one out each event.

He along with all the other guys of the CPC have once again grown into my extended family and it was a BLAST each time we got together. I looked forward to it! This weekend in particular was good fun despite sitting on the ground Saturday watching the wind blow - we had an awesome crab boil Saturday and he along with the other Gold Coast boys schooled everyone on the techniques behind eating crawfish and crabs properly. It was awesome! There were jokes about his infamous "butt pad" (a usual thing since its incorporation into his wardrobe) while listening to him rap 50 cent in that deep southern accent. You couldn't help but be drawn to his voice - it brought a smile no matter what he was saying. The memories I'm now fortunate enough to have of him will certainly bring more smiles down the road.....

There's been a little private joke this season that a GIRL was actually beating him but it was all in fun and it didn't hinder us from sharing our plans before each run at every comp - yet I did want to beat him and he knew it. It was great motivation for each of us to do the best we could each run. He was my competition, my extra bit of motivation this year and my friend. I wanted to beat him fair and square so the year had a bittersweet ending. We were BOTH awarded "2007 CPC Most Improved" metals yesterday. I was incredibly proud - just wish he could have been standing next to me for the pictures.

I won't soon forget his final exit from the Skyvan on that perfect windless Sunday morning "See Ya'll" and out he went, butt pad and all........He was a good friend and a good competitor who will be greatly missed! Eternal blue skies swoop buddy....

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

I'll never forget sitting there on the bench, and Dale walked up to me and Megan and out of nowere so "matter of fact" he says,

"I got new shoe strings, and i'm real excited about that"

Just standing there waiting for a reply we looked at each other and just busted out laughing with Dale just standing there still waiting for his reply. Only made a couple jumps with him in the plane always a pleasure to have him around. He will be GREATLY missed at Gold Coast Skydivers as well as anywere the people had the pleasure of meeting him. You will not be forgoten... Blue Skies forever

here are a few pics...

http://goldcoast.albumpost.com//albums/A-little-RW-anyone/14jan07b_005.sized.jpg
http://goldcoast.albumpost.com//albums/A-little-RW-anyone/IMG_3629.jpg
http://goldcoast.albumpost.com//albums/A-little-RW-anyone/DSCF0002.sized.jpg
and my favorite..."5,000ft tall dale"
http://goldcoast.albumpost.com//albums/A-little-RW-anyone/11mar07_004.sized.jpg

I am not a member of the skydiving community but I went to school with Dale at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.

It is hard to express what is going on in our heads right now. I think we are all in shock. It just doesn't seem real. Dale will be missed by all who knew him. Dale was one of a kind. To quote Phil, another friend of Dale's here in New Orleans, "Dale was one of the realest cats at school."

I loved to hear Dale talk about his philosophy of ministry. He believed that you should be so full of the love of Jesus that it overflowed and made people want what you had. I feel confident that he was full and that others did want what he had. He had a passion for sharing Jesus and living life.

I will never forget Dale and I know that his other friends here like Rolondo, Phil, Bobby, Jonathan (aka Potato Man) Nate and Brandy as well as all the guys in Hamilton Hall will not either.

The pictures attached are of us Hangin out and goofing off in New Orleans.

Richard Scoggins

I recently had the pleasure of meeting Dale at the CPC meet in Sebastian. He sat down on a bench with me and some others and spoke freely with a hint of laughter about a BASE jump that caused him a bit of trouble. It was obvious that he had a genuinely good nature to him and was a lot of fun to be around.
He will definitely be missed! My condolences go out to his family and friends...

Yeah, sometimes when Dale got into his redneck speaking i could not understand what he was saying - but that made me smile even wider! :ph34r: I'm just guessing that he probably had the same problems with my accent... :S And the packpad jokes were priceless!

He was a genuine person, and thats how i am going to remember him. Peace, Dale.

I met Dale this season at CPC events around Florida. To me Dale was a smiler. He was a happy person. Granted, I didnt know him for years, ever see him outside of the skydiving or social arena, but everything I saw about him was happy. I can't even picture him today without a smile on his face. Sunday, We were painfully reminded how unforgiving and dangerous our sport can be.
Swoops Up Dale, Keep on Smiling down on us.

We'll miss you buddy.
Watch out for planters.

Dale was one of my best friends and my main BASE buddy, we were planning a stunt junkies episode too before it got cancelled. We shared lots of good memories and sketchy jumps in Moab and Twin. I have tons of 2 way BASE footage with him and I and would love to make a memorial video, but I don't have the time or resources. If any of his swoop buddies that work at Gold Coast would like to help me out, I would be very grateful. He is as good as they come. -Ben

I met dale when I started jumping last year at gold coast. he was a very friendly, and very charismatic guy. always good for a few laughs with his stories, and helpful towards me,and other new skydivers with packing issues and skydiving advice in general. he was one of the personalities that make gold coast such an awesome place. he was a great person and will be missed.

sometime around december of last year me and kevin k. were driving to the store from the DZ. we were talkin about the jumps that day and what not, when I look up I see a canopy over the tree line. I tell kev oh shit, somebody just went down in the trees. he tells me I got parachutes in my brain or what, its pretty dark out. then he says must be someone with a bad spot from last load.

not possible I tell kev, I was on last load and I'm here in the truck, one hell of a delay huh. so we pull over and I run off into the woods while he calls the DZ. after a brief run through the woods in the darkness I stop to let my eyes adjust for a second and think. I start scanning the tree tops and yelling out, I happen to notice some intermitent red lights going vertical into the night sky. right then it dawns on me..................DALE b.a.s.e. jump

well I make it back to the truck and tell kev the revalation, he says oh yeah.

later that night at the DZ when I see dale, he tells me, you saw a parachute or something. after I laugh for a second I tell him I saw your crazy ass. he says how the hell I couldnt have been more than a couple hundred feet. then he smiles with a silly look on his face and says how did it look, did it look cool.........too funny

I called him the incredible nightcrawler since that night everytime I saw him.

R.I.P ,eternal blue skies, and fly free nightcrawler

you will be missed bro.
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

My first impression of Dale was, well, not good. He was over to my house with friends Jon and Jen, and he came speeding down the road, flipped a U turn and slammed on the brakes, just making quite a scene in this little quiet neighborhood with kids everywhere... When he got out of the car, I thought, oh man, this guy is reckless and rude...

Boy was I wrong. He came back to visit sometime later, Jon asked if he could stay here a while. I was reluctant at first, but trusting Jon's word, I gave him a second chance. Not only did he turn out to be a nice and considerate guy, he went over the top to show me he wasn't the punk I first thought he was. He hung my ceiling fans and blinds for me, just because.

I am glad I got to know him. I am sorry he is gone. My heart goes out to all his close friends and family.

-Karen
(lew)
http://www.exitshot.com

It breaks my heart. Dale was such a fantastic guy. Wm and I loved him very much and loved jumping and traveling with him.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

This is my first post after lurking for a while. I spent four months in Mississippi last year while deployed with the military and was fortunate enough to call GCS my home DZ while there. Dale was without a doubt one of the best reasons for being there. I never got to make a jump with him due to working on my A-license, but I loved watching him do Hop and Pop's while the rest of us road up to altitude. He was always smiling as he left the aircraft. I didn't know him well, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to say that I was fortunate to know him and the skydiving community has lost not only a great skydiver, but an even better person. Miss you Dale

James Francis

Man, how many people have you known that are so well rounded, and yet so well liked in all facets of life. Dale was a skydiver; more specifically a free flyer, swooper, and base jumper; private pilot, electrician, home builder, mariner and fisherman, Christian and Teacher of gods word. WOW, that’s all I know to say.

I will share a story I heard him tell, from his pilot days. He was flying into some busy airport, ran by military type, forgive me for knowing the air port or whether it was actually military. He was talking to the control tower and they rambled off some directions, Dale would mimic them as best he could in a very fast voice. Dale asked for a repeat and again he got a very fast paced garbled voice, again dale would mimic them. So Dale, in his best Mississippi red neck slow, I mean slow, voice, called back to them "I - am - from - miss - is - sip - pi - and - I -list - en - just - like - I – talk-k-k" The tower keyed up and dale said he could hear laughter in the back ground as the directions where repeated again, this time loud, clear, and slow. I have heard him tell this story at least a half dozen times and I laughed so hard it hurt each time.

Dale, you will be missed; often, with longevity, and by many

Again, my condolences to his family.

Hope your still laughing some where I loved that laugh and I will miss you and always remember you as Dale Gump. Still hard to believe your not going to be there smiling and telling your stories. There is not a doubt in my mind that you made a big impression on everybody you meet in your life on earth.