jdobleman

John Kelly, Jr - JP from Byron

I don't know what demons were chasing you, my brother. You recently survived a car crash that should have killed you, that should have been a sign that God wanted you to stick around for a while.

You should not have gone like this.

I hope blue skies bring you peace.

madjohn

RIP John Kelly. I'm praying for your twins.

I can't beleive this. But then again, I can..... I don't know what to say. Other than I'm so sorry. So very, very sorry.

May you rest in peace my brother. Byron will truely have a void without.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I don't know what demons were chasing you, my brother. You recently survived a car crash that should have killed you, that should have been a sign that God wanted you to stick around for a while.

madjohn

Was this an earlier incident? If so, care to reveal any more info? I never knew if it was an earlier accident.

Lord have mercy on him and his family.

Suicide just sounds too difficult to accept from what I know about him. I want to believe there must have been some possible mental illiness or something. ????>:(

I hope you find the peace you need, Deuce. We'll miss ya.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Just got the news. My heart is ripped. What a dear, dear friend!

Huge hugs to your twin girls. You were SO PROUD of them and loved them dearly. They were the spark of your life.

Rest easy, brother.

too shocked and numb with disbelief

-----

link to Deuce's Photo Gallery. Deuce in the blue and red jumpsuit.>

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

This is very sad. JP, you've always mattered. You've been a good friend to many.

More than once, you told me that you loved me (as a friend). Your special compliments always made me feel like gold. Thank you for all the kind words and the good times. You were one in a million, and you will be deeply missed. Fly free, my friend.

Edited: I almost forgot to post that I loved you, too. I've told you this, and you've always been like a protective big brother to me. Thank you so much for looking after me at all the boogies, like you promised. I wish that I could have looked after you better. You will always matter and will be greatly missed. Love and peace to your family. R.I.P. my brother. :(

Hi Peej,

This is a small world we live in, and even here in South Africa, I can feel this loss. The attached pic was taken at the DZ.com boogie in 2003, and JP was part of our "Rare Red Dessert Penguin" Baloon jump misadventure in 2004.

Blue Skies, JP. You are missed.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Above my desk is a photo from the 2003 Eloy Boogie when the Moderators did a jump together. McGowan was the official photographer on the jump, but JP asked if he could tag along too and take some shots. There we are, 7 of us in a round and in the upper left hand corner is JP partially in the shot, geeking the camera! I bought that photo because he just looks so darn cute up there. :)
JP, you had many, many friends who loved you. I wish you would have called one of us to help you with your problems. Your friends wouldn't have minded you leaning on us, we would have been honored that you trusted us to let us know what you were feeling.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

There's a mighty big hole in here today.

Rest in peace, Deuce.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

and JP was part of our "Rare Red Dessert Penguin" Baloon jump misadventure in 2004.

That's one of the few memories I have of JP, but it sure as hell is a good one.

Thanks for all the great stories Deuce. You will be missed tremendously. Blue skies, bro.

A friend took me to Byron while I was on student status at another DZ. One of the first people I met was Deuce. He greeted Kelly with a huge hug and me with his big smile, a strong handshake and a heartfelt welcome you normally wouldn't expect to get from some big guy you don't know. But that was Deuce. I would later realize I had been introduced to the Byron Love by one of it's true embassadors.

Peace my brother.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

This is incredibly sad news. JP had brightened up these forums for a long time and will be badly missed. Although I never had the opportunity to meet Deuce in person, we interacted here in the forums many times. Having talked to some of us who knew him personally, he was one of a kind.
Arrive Safely

John

JP, i dont know what to say, im at a lose.....we have spent many hours talking and sharing many stories over many pitchers of beer....next ones for you...you were the one that i looked forward to seeing the most in my travels, from Nationals, Eloy, WFFC and my many travels to Cali. The jumps, the talks about camera flying, the late nights shooting in the middle of the desert. You are a great soul with a tremendous heart. God Bless your daughters, they were loved deeply. You dont have to run from your demons anymore....Blue Skies Brother, I'll miss you.

You know, thats what sucks about the skydiving community, you get to know so many great people, have so many good times with them, become good friends....then you loose them....you end up suffering more....but the good times definatly outway the bad, but there will be no more good times with another one of our dear friends.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Is there a place where we can all upload our photos of deuce to remember him? I'm sure his family would appreciate it.

jp was my like my 2nd dad, but skydiving/boogie style dad. he always looked out for me and was awesome to hang out with and jump with.

he will be forever remembered and missed.

fly free with all our angels who left before us babe.

JP,

I don't know where to start, how to ever thank you enough for what you did for me over the years from when I started showing up in Byron..

The only person I ever trusted enough to take me on a tandem.. cause that was the next thing you were going to talk me into doing.. "Let's both get our rating!"
The numerous times you gave me advice on flying the camera, the roadtrips to boogies.. you trusting me enough to bring me to Eloy a couple of years ago..

The list goes on and on.. you were one of my "dads away from home"

HOTTEPE!!

Your crazy hollish friend..

It happened again my friend, just like when someone spanked you for my birthday, someone called me to...... well, let's just say, I hope you're in a better place.

My love to you and your family, peace, and freedom.

These are the words I think of when someone I care about moves on......

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am the essence of clear blue sky;
I am the yearning to climb very high.
I am the breeze you feel as you spot;
I am the rapture of building a blot.
I am the rustle of a canopy in flight;
I am the flicker of camp fire light.
When you pass through the door into open air,
I know you are smiling, I'm the wind in your hair.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there; I did not die.

-Allen Roulston, June 1996

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

JP, you were such a wonderful "big brother" to me when I first met you at Davis. You made sure that I was taken care of since I wasn't used to the hot California weather. You were always encouraging and the love you had for your family was such a joy to see.

Love you, my friend. You'll be missed. :(

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.