tkhayes

We lost another friend today at Z-Hills

not a skydiving accident.....

Rocky Weidner, most people knew as just Rocky - was killed today in a motorcycle accident on Chancey road, actually pretty much in front of my house.

Rocky either cut in front of the semi-truck or the semi cut in front of him - whatever, it does not matter much at this point.

Rocky was one of those fun and happy guys you saw around. He started jumping in July 2004, tall, lanky and every bit a redneck motorcycle kinda guy with a missing tooth and everything. Did AFF in a week, and his license in a month, and jumped pretty regularly.

Always happpy to see you and would take the time to stop to say hello. He seemed a bit strapped at times, I remember giving him one of my old jumpsuits as a gift when he had about 50 jumps. It was perfect for him, but I was far too fat to wear it anymore. His face lit up and you could tell it really meant a lot to him. He thanked me for that jumpsuit for more than a year every time he was out.

He had his demons and vices too. Had to 'go away' for a while last year due to some problems he had now and then, I am not sure why. But he never had a mean bone in his body, and he was really torn up about having to leave his friends. He spent the last while working hard on getting squared away and you could tell how much it meant for him to have his DZ friends. Spending time at the bar, smoking his motorcycle tires for fun and just being around.

He was on his way to the DZ to pick up his rig today from the rigging loft when it happened.

Very sad - gonna miss his big stupid grin. Hug your friends folks - life is too short to smoke cheap cigars and to not pay attention to the important stuff.

TK

awwww Rocky! :(
What a bad ass softail too....103" stroker motor....

I'll miss you Rocky...and missing that beer we were supposed to have together after you came back home. I'm glad I got to say hello when you dropped your rig off this past weekend.

blues brother....enjoy the rides and the skies where you are now.

nice kind post TK...thanks.[:/]

I was out at the dz on Saturday and he was sitting on the front porch of City Hall around 3pm. With the haze, we were about all that was around. He was there about his reserve repack.

Today, I was coming home around 3:30.
There was a lot of police still at the scene.
They had pulled the truck off Chancey onto the dirt road and I had to drive around it. I didn't know what was going on though.

:(

Rocky, brother man you will be sadly missed out at the hills, i will miss the fun jumps, and good times we had brother. my beer is in the air to salute you bro, eternal blues skies, sweet rides and sweet dives my friend. muff muff asshole
Go my child, Fly and be free! Or better yet go Freefly!

My condolences go out to Rocky's family and his Skydiving family at Zhills.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Thank you TK for your meaningful post. And I want to thank all of my "family" at the DZ "my home" for being there to support me as this terrible news sunk in. I still do not want to believe it.

Rocky made such an impact on my life and through the good times and the rough times I loved him and I always will.

Rocky was the person who taught me I Could Fly.

I will miss you Rocky Shea Wiedner.
KimE
*Watch out for Motorcycles
CaCaw the eagle has landed

WOW!!!!!:| What a damn shame!!! :( What a pleasant soul he was.....the few loads I was on with him he always exited in a cannonball.....funny shit cause he was so tall and lanky..........blue skies to ya ROCK!!!!! sending out hugs to all of his close friends and companions!!!!

till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates....
In skydiving, the only thing that stops you is the ground..............
PMS# 472 Muff #3863 TPM#95