PhreeZone

Condolence thread for Danny Page and Bob Holler

Today is kind of rough, it's hard not to think about what happened to 2 of my mentors one year ago today. I miss you both and I know there was still so much I had to learn from you. I was told yesterday that I'm an excellent skydiver by an excellent skydiver, and I'd like to think that both of you would be proud of me. Danny and Bob, you both helped me to be a better skydiver and I'm still trying to improve on what you've taught me.

Fly free, my friends. I think about you guys all the time, on every jump I make, and as my skills improve and I gain more confidence. You are both missed. [:/]

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Man I miss Bob............but what I really worry about is DID WE LEARN ANYTHING? I believe that Bob would have wanted us to at least learn from this (Danny to) but a year later not much has really changed
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Man I miss Bob............but what I really worry about is DID WE LEARN ANYTHING?

Don't worry, him and Lee are partying it up! What have we learned from life period?

Oh wait I know: LIFE IS FUCKED UP AND NOT FAIR!

-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Dan-

There isnt a day that goes by that I don't think of you. I miss your friendship; it hurts more than anything else I have ever felt in my life. I never really understood how much you meant to me and my family until you were gone. Now, theres no telling you how much I loved you. I regret letting you down. I would have given anything to change the events of that day in March. I know you didnt care I failed the test and that you'd had me taken it again. I wanted you to be proud of me. I hope that you are, where ever you are

I miss your laugh, your cackel, your smile, your compassion, your toughness, your honesty, your bravery, your advice, your patience, your humor, your wisdom, and most of all, your friendship and your love. I miss you always Dan, I will never have another friend and brother in life like you...

Brian.

Tomrrow will be the second anniversary of this accident. I still miss Bob for many reasons. For most of that time I have hated that both names have been linked in the condolence thread - but there is nothing to be done about it. Death takes all equally, the good and responsible as well as the others.

More have been killed since then by low-altitude canopy collisions. I have tried to be more alert and careful, as I know that others have - but not all - the accidents are still happening.

I think that Bob'e best legacy to the sport is the attitude that he instilled in the folks that he worked with. Whether you had 100 jumps or 10,000, Bob had a way of making you look at your performance and figure out how to improve. He was incredibly talented. Yet, everything he did was oriented toward getting better - approaching perfection, bit by bit. It shouldn't take another person to make us try to do our best, but it always helps when you have a guide who nudges you in that direction. For that, I will miss you, Bob. Blue Skies.

Kevin

Hey Bob,
My big brother. It's been 2 years since you leftt us. i miss you so very much. but, as usual, when i need you, you are still there for me. I can hear your voice, telling me your opnion or advice on my situations. You will never know what a great thing a big brother is to a girl.
Kevin Keenan says he hates that your name and Danny's will forever be tied together in the condolence thread, but for me, it's comforting to know that he is there with you. It would have been so much harder to recover from your death if he was still here walking this earth. It's sounds cruel but I like to think that he is there, with no angel wings, shlepping beer at the local heaven bar.
On th other side, we planted atree in iout front yard on your bithday, 2007. When I remember, I always say hi to both you and Danny and tell you both to have a great day.
Bob, I love you so very much. I'll have a beer to yoast you tonight.

More have been killed since then by low-altitude canopy collisions. I have tried to be more alert and careful, as I know that others have - but not all - the accidents are still happening.

It really is a shame that this incident did not make more people open their eyes. :(

Both were good men they are missed and loved by many.
Blue skies.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Danny,

I miss you every day. Thank you for the lessons that you taught us all. I will never forget the conversations we had. Thanks for every thing you did for me and our Country.

RIP DRP

Take care of Reid.

Hamilton
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

Danny
St. Patty's just isn't the same without you dude. I'm sitting in the Tower now thinking about how you could srew up the traffic pattern and just have to smile. When I get home tonight I'm going to crack a cold Miller Lite and toast you brother sitting in my hot tub looking at the stars. I miss ya.:(

Rod (AR)