PhreeZone

Condolence thread for Danny Page and Bob Holler

Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you today, as unfortunately I cannot get away due to prior commitments with my daughter.

Everyone be safe and honor Bob as only those who knew and loved him can with fond memories and plesant thoughts.

Blue skies forever
Lisa

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Bob was shorter than me but I was around him for over 24 hours before I even realized it! That's how much presence he carried. I can't say that of anyone else I've ever met.

Also... he started giving me shit within 60 seconds of meeting me... my kind of people! And because of that, I liked him right away(this coming from a guy (me) who takes about a decade to warm up to new people.)

Although I wasn't a total stranger to Bob when we met, I was nothing more than a friend of a friend of a friend. Yet he welcomed me into his home and filled me with food and drink. He topped that off with a fine cigar.

I'd like to think he finally forgave me for not being able to tell the difference between cheap cigars and good ones. ha ha

Bonusdays

Thanks for the photos. Yes, it was a very, very impressive event. I expected (foolishly) to be there for 2-3 hours. It turned out to be 9 hours. And a lot were still at the DZ when I left.

From the USAF side, it was pretty much a "Who's Who" of the AF Pararescue Community. There were active-duty and retired PJs there from all around the world, as well as a complete USAF Honor Guard. There were North Florida and Georgia skydivers from Bob's Crestview FL days and jumpers from Quincy FL. There were World Team folks there from Bob's travels on the big-way circuit. There were people from the Bent Prop Foundation, who worked with Bob on the island of Palao to locate the crash site of a WW II pilot. There was every skydiver I think I've ever seen at DeLand. Seriously, there were tons of people.

Bob's parents and his daughter and other family members and friends took turnd holding the leash of his dog. The whole service and ceremony was excellent. I think Bob would have liked the whole thing. It very well-done. The ceremony pretty much started the beer and whiskey service, which brought out some impressive bottles as the 3-plane ash-dive load took off. After the memorial dive, the flags were jumped in, and then given to Bob's family.

Bob's dog, Dakota, kept looking up at the canopies as each load opened. I know she was looking for Bob. We all were, I guess. Bob's rig with his unpacked main sitting up in front made it clear that he wasn't coming back. It was great to talk to so many people who knew the guy and hear their perspectives of him. Someone was thinking about Bob arriving in heaven, and within five minutes, complementing God on the place, but adding, "I have some ideas that I think will make things run better and more effeciently".

A group circled up at the peas, to tell Bob Stories. People circulated back and forth from that group all afternoon. Every time I thought I had seen everyone, I would run into more new people all afternoon. I live nearby, so I finally went home, but I know all the out-of-towners in DeLand will continue this for a while.

I think it was really good of Bob Hallet and Mike Johnston, of Skydive Deland, to host Bob's Memorial. It was a chance to meet the greatest people for the worst possible reason. The overwhelming feeling I left with was that I was totally in awe of the effect that Bob Holler had on so many people. And Bob was just hitting his stride. He still had so much more to give to us. Anyway, for those of Bob's friends who weren't there, I hope this gives a little commentary to go with lauraliscious' set of photos. Bob was sent off in style.

Kevin

Yeah, ...definitely unusual. That was a pretty righteous tattoo. It was an intricate design featuring a bare-breasted woman and the saying, "PJs Do It Around the World". ;)

It's on Bob's ass, and a photo of it (on Bob's ass) was on the display boards with all his other photos.:S

Kevin

i tell you, i just hope i get half the send off bob deserved. It was great catching up with old friends and new ones. B.O.B just had a way of bringing people together. On videoing the jump as teary eyed as i was. I still heard his voice telling me to pull myself together. he has moved on to better things. I am honoured for knowing him and him bringing me close to other people. thank you BOB
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Just learned about Bob and Danny

I had the great fortune and honor to have met Bob in the mid 70s when we jumped, ran, and worked together - and was lucky to have met and jumped with Danny in the recent boogie in Puerto Rico.

Thank you both for making my world a better place
mike

Skydive DeLand had these great B.O.B. stickers at the Memorial. They may still have some, they cost a buck and are about 1"x3". Good for helmets!

Edit: the stickers have sold out for now
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Skydive DeLand had these great B.O.B. stickers at the Memorial. They may still have some, they cost a buck and are about 1"x3". Good for helmets!

I already have one on my camera helmet. We are calling them "collecter's editions" because he was born in 1956, not 1957. Bob would probably get a chuckle out of that. "... dumb-assed skydivers!"

Blues to all.
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

I already have one on my camera helmet. We are calling them "collecter's editions" because he was born in 1956, not 1957. Bob would probably get a chuckle out of that. "... dumb-assed skydivers!"

Yeah, I laughed at that too after I saw the program! :ph34r: I put mine on my helmet today and I was so pleased that my daughter asked if she could have one for her new car.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You're welcome for that sticker Jeff. I'm glad I bought a few extras. :P I put one on my helmet too.

As for ordering info, I think you should just call Skydive DeLand. They were selling them at the gear store there.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I saw the stickers, kept on meaning to get one but so so many faces i forgot all about it. One thing you can say about BOB, he brought so many people together. Next time i am in Deland i will pick some up.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

It was a beautiful day today, with beautiful words.

Danny's life was so more diverse than I ever could have imagined. He was an amazing person who touched many in many different ways.

It was great to hear the memories, both old and new, and celebrate the man for who he really was for those who took the time to get to know him.

I'll miss you my friend.

To infinity and beyond........

Blues
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Anybody else have photos they could put up here? Or will Skydive Deland have a link to some? I was there but didn't take any photos on the ground or in the air.
What an awesomely well-organized memorial! The synergy between the various eulogies, the proper military honors and the skydive with the ashes was just a heck of an orchestration. Nice work Bob Hallett! The other-brother-Bob would have been proud.
Jason T

I'm assuming that if you sent a dollar and a self-addressed, stamped envelope that Skydive DeLand would probably send a sticker out to you. You might want to call or write first though.