PhreeZone

Condolence thread for Danny Page and Bob Holler

I met Bob in 1997 after I did a military move from California to Florida (Tyndall AFB, Panama City, FL). The first time I showed up at the now defunct Crestview DZ I was told that he would give me the DZ orientation. When I saw him and he started talking all I could think was that this could be rough. Little did I know how much influence he would be on me and many others. Bob will definitely be missed. What I regret the most is that I didn't get to see Bob since his retirement ceremony that I attended. Didn't know Danny that well, but he will be missed too. I'll be in Deland this Friday.

Jose Santiago
D-25944
Crestview, FL

Looks like Spence and I will be road tripping to DeLand tomorrow night for Bob's memorial and returning Friday night so we can be at SDA on Saturday. If anyone in the ATL area wants to join us, please PM me.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

FYI- the dress will be causal according to the drop zone. I'm not sure just how "causal" that will be but Bo was a squared away fellow and I plan to do better than the normal dz clothing.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

If some one could come up with a B.O.B. patch, I would gladly sew it to my jumpsuit, and wear it proudly the rest of my skydiving days. If someone years from now would ever ask me what is was, I would tell them about the man, and why I wear it, to remind everyone to be safe "that others may live"!
See ya Friday.
-------------------------------------------------
Lord please help me to be the person that my dog thinks I am.

If some one could come up with a B.O.B. patch, I would gladly sew it to my jumpsuit, and wear it proudly the rest of my skydiving days...

I concur--I would also be interested--very interested.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Man, I haven't thought of Catalyst in a long time. Yknow, MEL, when you, Mark, Pete and Danny took me to Raeford, I had no idea how what the hell I was in for. Danny talked me into competing in Style at the Raeford Council meet in 1992. While there, he said "go ahead and shoot accuracy, too". I told he to get bent...the drop zone was so small and I was worried (I believe I had about 50 jumps). So, Danny smiled at me and said "the size of the DZ doesn't matter...you are trying to land pn a quarter". So, I shot accuracy.
Danny was my static line instructor in 1992, he did my night jumps, my water training, my Falcon Award, my first twenty way and he put me under my frist Zero-P at 100 jumps (big deal back then). The last time I saw Danny was in Louisburg in 1999. Man how great it was to see him after such a long time...man, how I miss him, now.

Attached is a PPT slide with three images that might be included in a patch for Chief Holler.

-The insignia for a CMSgt
-A Pararescueman's Beret
-The PJ Beret Flash

Could one of these be incorporated?

Thx
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Attached is a PPT slide with three images that might be included in a patch for Chief Holler.

-The insignia for a CMSgt
-A Pararescueman's Beret
-The PJ Beret Flash

Could one of these be incorporated?

Thx

You forgot the cigar and coffee mug for his sam addams or smithwicks.
I will miss you Bob, you were my hero on and off the field. The knowledge i have learned from you is priceless. Your death will not be in vein. Like you have told me many times. Things happen for a reason. What this reason is we don't know, but i am sure you will show us. Just keep a watch on us will you:)Blue skies my friend.
lee
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Chief, (Bob)

What can I say man... I am going to miss you...alot. I handn't seen you since your retirement, but you were always on my mind. You were a PJ among PJs and a friend among friends. I used to run and hide when during the week when I would hear you yell down the hall at someone in the squadron, Usually and Officer. I still remember the ass chewings you gave me when I screwed up as if they happened yesterday. And felt honored when you would call me in the middle of the night to come sew up a fellow PJ's dog that got injured. Yes, you did bring fear to many at the unit, but it needed to be done. On the other hand I would be so exited on Saturday to go to the Dropzone (skydive Takllahassee) to make some freefly jumps with you. I remember when I went with you to Deland for a Boogie your daughter also went, and you two were so close, it was awesome. We stayed in your trailer, ate Tuna with Wasabi and drank beer. I thought she is so lucky to have a dad like you. I learned so much from you both at work and at play, and it has made me a better man. At your retirement we had a good talk you me and Chief Shelton and I to this day remember every word you said. I'll keep trying to make you proud. I can only say that I was lucky and fortunate to have had you as a boss, A mentor, a skydiving buddy, and a friend. I will remember you for the rest of my days. The career field suffered a big loss when you retired, now the world looses a big icon in the sport. Rest in Peace and Ride Free brother.

McKill

I never met Danny personally. Someone called our DZ that day and said there was a double fatality and Danny Page was one of them. I asked who he was and a friend told me "he was at our boogie, white jumpsuit, big smile". I immediately knew who he was. RIP sir.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

I'll always remember Danny for being a really caring skydiver after a trip to Lake Wales. I landed off with only 20 jumps, Danny was the first one to come up to me and ask how I was and how the landing went. He seemed genuinely concerned about how I was doing and it's something I will never forget.

Here's a picture i keep hung on my wall of that trip.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I don't believe I know Danny but I knew Bob. Amazing guy. He's the kind of guy that makes guys like me feel guilty. He practiced what he preached. He was a testament to excellence. When I met him I was amazed at how he blends youthful vitality (he had it even at his age) with maturity and wisdom. He was in amazing shape and the only thing that gave away his age was his greying mustache and the wrinkles around his eyes. I had the pleasure of talking with him about raising kids, military service and politics. He learned a great deal from his travels. He was eclectic and above stereotype. He was thoughtful, patient, and wise.

He taught my wife how to skydive in Tallahassee. I remember feeling nervous about her jumping because she was very anxious and lacks the typical A type personality. I took a great deal of comfort knowing she was jumping with Bob. If anyone other than God could ensure my wife's safety it would be him.

It's with a heavy heart I learned last night of his passing. He's given so much and worked so hard...and just when he was able to live the life he worked so hard for.

My thoughts go out to his daughter and family.

"The value of man lies not in the knowledge he possesses, or means to possess, but in the sincere pain which he hath taken to find it out." - G.E. Lessings

I attached a picture of him dressed up as Buzz Lightyear at the Halloween Boogie in Thomaston. Blue Skies Danny!

That was the day I truly met and jumped with Danny. I'd seen him around, but never had introduced myself.

My day costume was Buzz Lightyear because my RW suit looks like it. I had gotten a soft helmet and light goggles from Disney World. I wanted to do an RW dive.

The minute he saw me in costume he came over and said, "I have to have those goggles for tonight, I'm going to be Buzz."

I told him no problem as I had a different costume for the night but I wanted to make an RW dive in them first. He said he was organizing and I was welcome to jump with him. I introduced myself and he started to introduce himself and I told him I know who you are.

He puts together a fairly simple 5-6 way RW dive for us to do. We dirtdived it and I put on the hat and goggles and went to the plane. I was a little nervous jumping in this setup but it felt secure.

We get out of the plane and I'm diving towards the formation. I'm just docking when the goggles start to fly off. :o

I try to deal with it but they fly right off. At the same time the hat starts to come over my eyes. I abort the dive at about 9,000 feet and start tracking like mad away from the formation and perpendicular to jump run while trying to squint to see. [:/]

I manage to get the hat off and track until about 2500. I wave off and pull and start to fly back to the LZ. Thanks to a decent crosswind I make it back and land.

I walk over to him still a little shaken but start to apologize and he says, "That's okay, just as long as my Buzz Lightyear goggles are alright." :D:D:D

I tell him they are gone and he tells me that I better go find them and then flashes that smile. He teases me then next day that if he'd had those goggles he would have won the costume contest. ;)

I introduced him to Bubbles at Dublin Friday night. I was glad she got to meet him and let him try Funshine. He wouldn't drink from the container, he had to have a cup. :P He remembered my name and as I was leaving called me Buzz. :)
I did 2 RW jumps, a tracking dive, and a Helicopter jump in that Buzz Lightyear RW suit on Sunday. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

For CMSgt (Ret) Bob Holler from Maj (Ret) Elizabeth May. I am honored to have known you! This poem is one we USAF flyers found inspirational....like you. It made me think of all of your accomplishments in the air and on the ground and truly now....you have touched the face of God.

High Flight
Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.
"When you have tasted flight, you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been and there you will always be." Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519